Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: crossbows and archery season

Re: crossbows and archery season

Settling in for our annual dose of ignorance from people who are such shitty hunters that they want to ban other hunters.

Perhaps we should just ban all hunting, would people be happy with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

not attacking other hunters rumour mill said being considered

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Settling in for our annual dose of ignorance from people who are such shitty hunters that they want to ban other hunters.

Perhaps we should just ban all hunting, would people be happy with that?
    Careful what we wish for .................... there are just way to many trolls out there .... Sunny ways my friend Sunny ways ....
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

i ate steak tonight shot with crossbow all for it.

Those who hunt with any "magnum" rifle should be restricted to, in all regions, from 10:00 am until 1:30 pm on October 20.

So beyond being easier to become proficient with what are the major advantages of a crossbow?
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

What was the original intent of special weapons season in North America? To provide more hours of pursuit to those who chose to accept the challenge while minimizing impacts on harvest ratios.

If techonlogy creeps to a point where it is impacting the harvest ratios beyond the intent of the season (scoped inline muzzleloaders tripling effective range of traditional flintlock/percussion rifles as an example), then that weapon used in that season should be explored, and it's use perhaps moved to a different season (crossbow use in rifle not archery season).

I don't know of any massive increase in harvest stats due to crossbow use in mountain areas (i have heard some Eastern States are once again looking at impacts on harvest ratios for 2018-2019 seasons e.g. Iowa), and as such they should remain in archery season.

I have no problem with crossbows in archery season as long as harvest ratios are not skewed and archery seasons impacted by their use.

The caveat is crossbow users are not bowhunters:they are a crossgun device used by opportunists, not archers. The very defintion of archery in the dictionary refers to the use of a bow and an arrow, not a crossbow and a bolt.

If you are truly handicapped, then fill your boots.
    If you are able bodied and hunt the archery season with a crossbow, great. But be honest with yourself and be respectful.
    Please just don't call yourself a bowhunter.
    It offends people who invest the thousands of hours of practice and sweat equity becoming proficient hunting with a bow and earn the respect that comes from that skill.
    -Just a simple minded guy with a longbow looking for fun.

People should be able to shoot whatever they want, only real advantage of a crossbow is it's easier to learn.

If folks are flinging bolts, or arrows, or bullets all over the place, they should figure out how to use the tool before they point it at anything except practice target.

Cross bows are a pain in the ass to pack load ect . Bought one sold one , back to my compound ... happy happy
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I have seen the same poor shooting with some compound users...
    This is it...I have seen poor shots from people who don't practice with a rifle too.....we don't need more restrictions..I shoot a traditional bow, and I still think crossbows should be a part of the archery season....they're just way less cool, that's all lol....