Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.2 pound goose

Re: 13.2 pound goose

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    That's a once in a lifetime bird, there was a contest going on The Refuge for a long time that offered a dozen Custom decoys for the first bird that hit I think it was 13#. I'm sure I'll be corrected shortly, regardless that's a hell of bird, I've weighed lots but have never hit the teens. Well done! K
    To add to this, the 13# bird was to be weighed guts in and unplucked! K

holy shit! That's a big goose!

Largest authenticated Canada on record was taken in Manitoba and weighed 26 lbs, another(3rd largest on record was also taken in Manitoba) it tipped the scales at just over 22 lbs. I personally have weighed one( non officially with a good quality fish scale) at over 18 lbs. some years back. There are monsters out there to be sure.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Cool Re: 13.2 pound goose

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Largest authenticated Canada on record was taken in Manitoba and weighed 26 lbs, another(3rd largest on record was also taken in Manitoba) it tipped the scales at just over 22 lbs. I personally have weighed one( non officially with a good quality fish scale) at over 18 lbs. some years back. There are monsters out there to be sure.
    Hunting ducks over a field shoot outside of Wakaw Lake Saskatchewan in the mid 70's, we had a group of Greater Canadas come in.
    Had a few goose deeks out, and knew they were in the area, so not overly surprising.
    What was surprising was the size of several we shot.
    Biggest fell to my Wingmaster, and was the largest any of us had ever seen.

So, we stopped off in Wakaw to register it for the goose derby there.
    Weighed bang on 24 pounds.
    Then ran to Saskatoon, and entered it there as well. You could do that back then and no-one complained.
    That goose took both derbies. Name & pix in the paper (one Proud little Rooster I was!)
    Collected 750 clams, and a free mount.
    Unfortunately a big spending Yank got to the taxidermist, paid huge, and wandered off with the mount.

I still have yet to see any goose near that size again.
    Perhaps I never will...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

that's one well fed goose

Maybe it was a Giant Canada?? K