Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spell check is your friend...

Re: Spell check is your friend...

I believe we can all agree that formal documents such as a resume, or an official letter to government should have attention paid to correct spelling and grammer. However...in this day and age, how you are perceived through your writing in informal formats such as texting, facebook, forums etc tends to be largely based on the age of the person reading it. By and large the younger generation does not give a rats arse about it....all it's about, is did you get your message across?....was what you were trying to say,actually communicated? It's all content over form. For those of us in the older generation, or getting into the older generation....we still believe correct grammer carries some weight in the world because it was drilled into our heads as important when we were young. The world is changing, and using perfect scholastic english is becoming less and less important to people every year.

JMO
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I think everyone should take a little pride in themselves. In the way we act, speak, look and write, among other things. If you strive to present yourself well then you most likely will present well. If you don't try at all then you probably won't present well.
    BTW, I had to fix up a half dozen or more spelling mistakes in this short post!

Chad
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 03-08-2018 at 02:48 PM.

We're no different than any lifestyle group of people really, some will be good at writing and using the language, some will be extremely good at it and some will have concentrated their learning in other fields. Its no big deal. I agree with Greenthumbed though we all should present ourselves in a decent manner. It doesn't matter what you look like or how you dress or write just follow the golden rule. Don't be a dick.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

All depends how many words a minute you can type correctly with out looking at the key bord -- and it's faster getting the message across or is that massage plus your grammer-
    When you type and look at the keys you spell gooder i mean bedder ha --yet when looking off the keys when typing a person hits more incorrect ones.
    Jel -- only thing that's blind is love -- that's why I feel my way around -- TAKE a typing course like I did in high school 27 werds a minet -- -- they called me Fingers