Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spell check is your friend...

Spell check is your friend...

Hi guys, I’m not a big poster here, but have spent a lot of time reading. I know you’ll probably hate me for saying it, but I hope you see why I am doing so...

There are a lot of threads (Grizzly, MEC etc) that have a ton of bad spelling and poor grammar. I’m not trying to be the grammar police, I just want to point out that there are people other than us who read things on the forum. People who dislike hunting, shooting and firearms in general. The amount of misspelled words and incorrect grammar makes the average user here come across as uneducated. It’s a stereotype that we don’t need to reinforce.

So basically, use your spell check and maybe think about what you are posting. It’s not just the likeminded that are on these forums...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spell check is your friend...

Not just the like minded? What's up red thighs ? You mean there are anti's on HBC? Among the many members we have? Checking our spelling? I've never heard of this before.
    Jelvis -- tell us more we never knew that was going on! Cood be members with Grade 7 edumication lol hahaha I know some yet they can sure bag the game.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-06-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Tell us more

Well gee, Jelvis, pretty much any google search can bring anyone here. I just thought I’d point out what apparently isn’t obvious to the masses.

This comes up every few years. Consensus is what we would gain in readability and credibility we would lose from posters that aren't computer-savvy or particularly well-spoken. Lots of folks on here that don't write all that well but they have already forgotten more than I'll ever know about hunting and bushcraft.

At the end of the day this site if for us, not the antis or general public that will meander by.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Or the masses don’t give a Shyte what the so called educated think, if they where to communicate with their parents or grand parents by text only they might get a surprise. I grew up in a time where I finished school, went out and got a job ( post secondary education was too expensive, and I didn’t have mommy and daddy to pay for everything ) now 50 years later I have retired. In my work environment I didn’t use computers or have the need to write long letters or communicate by text. Sorry if my spelling or punctuation is not up to yours or the great educated standards, I was probably building roads or bridges so you could get to school.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Hi guys, I’m not a big poster here, but have spent a lot of time reading. I know you’ll probably hate me for saying it, but I hope you see why I am doing so...

There are a lot of threads (Grizzly, MEC etc) that have a ton of bad spelling and poor grammar. I’m not trying to be the grammar police, I just want to point out that there are people other than us who read things on the forum. People who dislike hunting, shooting and firearms in general. The amount of misspelled words and incorrect grammar makes the average user here come across as uneducated. It’s a stereotype that we don’t need to reinforce.

So basically, use your spell check and maybe think about what you are posting. It’s not just the likeminded that are on these forums...

Not to long ago I attended a Town Hall meeting hosted by Weaver, Leader of the Greens. Seemed there where a whole lot of "Educated" People there eating up his Words. Weaver made sure everyone became aware he is a "Scientist", which supposed to be a person trying to find the Truth by analytical research and then applying Facts to arrive at an answer.
    Well we all know the Greens with Weaver as there Leader where instrumental killing the Grizzly hunt. Therefore I would say there "educated" Party Leaders are either not interested in the Facts that BC had a world class system and very well controlled Grizzly hunt or they are outright Liars or just plain "educated Idiots".

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

We can't all be stable genius' who know a lot of big words . . . A LOT of big words.

Some folks only have phones to type on, are crappy at typing or no longer have a full set of fingers, so give them a break.

Really though, obvious spelling mistakes, especially in thread titles does make us look like a bunch of tards.

I hate typing on this form using my phone. Auto correct gets possessed .

That's reality.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Pemby_mess Guest

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Petros65 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    "It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
    LOl - takes forever to read this. Imagine if your Doctor wrote out a medical report like this ---- would you go back or just die laughing - ha ha ha ha