Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Spell check is your friend...

Re: Spell check is your friend...

Every body who is hating on OP's post need to realize that he meant it with good intention. We just proved that some of us cant take constructive criticism appropriately. I am not perfect either. I have and will make more typos but we can all try is all. There is nothing more to it. OP is not saying don't type from your phone or tablet or whatever else. OP is also not targeting your profession or spelling skills. I believe that he/she is just speaking generally. Lets all embrace that, take what you can or want to and move on.

I don’t think anyone hates the OP, I don’t. He brought his opinion, I expressed mine. It’s all good. Someone else expressed an opinion..... opinions are like...... everybody has one.
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 03-06-2018 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    Every body who is hating on OP's post need to realize that he meant it with good intention. We just proved that some of us cant take constructive criticism appropriately. I am not perfect either. I have and will make more typos but we can all try is all. There is nothing more to it. OP is not saying don't type from your phone or tablet or whatever else. OP is also not targeting your profession or spelling skills. I believe that he/she is just speaking generally. Lets all embrace that, take what you can or want to and move on.
    I'm not hating OP's post at all. It's valid. Try to conduct yourself as best you can. What I am saying is that is fairly minor in the grand scheme of things. If we are talking about losing hunting opportunities, it is not because of spelling and grammar. The main reason is that we stick to local echo chambers and focus on local issues, while anti-hunting groups organize internationally and get involved in every local issue everywhere. This resulted in the final justification for the grizzly ban, 100%. It is admitted and there is no denying it. It was "emails from international sources" and the NDP did not care about spelling/grammar in this international feedback. Simply "for" or "against". Did people in Alaska come to bat for us? What about New Zealand? Texas? Alberta, Ontario, SK? Did we go to bat for them? NOPE. Our voice is small and fragmented because we keep it local. We are not playing in the same league. We have no international voice, so we are getting clobbered in numbers every time.

I have been saying this for a long time, few have really been able to grasp it. It's frustrating. Hunters, ranchers, AG workers, butchers, gun owners, people who don't want sin taxes on meat, etc. all need to unite internationally and work together. I feel like I am saying this until I am blue in the face, but then spelling and grammar gets more attention. It is frustrating, but no hate on OP's post. It's valid. Just trying to put things into real perspective. I might have to take lead on the idea that I am talking about, or at least set up the infrastructure and hand it off. I will make a separate thread on it in the coming days.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 03-06-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Some of us are more limited in our education than others. That is the beauty of it. Hunters come from all walks of life. Here we don't judge one another on our grammar and spelling. We accept and appreciate EVERYONE's point of view. If the grammar and spelling suggest a poster is not school smart, it is usually because they are bush smart. That's when I pay closer attention... because I am likely to learn something. The fellers here that struggle with the keyboard are often the ones with the most bushcraft to share.

Also, some here have suffered injury and stroke... their thoughts and experience are sound, but getting it out with a keyboard can present a challenge. My suggestion to you OP is to be a lot more open minded and accepting of others as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Some of us are more limited in our education than others. That is the beauty of it. Hunters come from all walks of life. Here we don't judge one another on our grammar and spelling. We accept and appreciate EVERYONE's point of view. If the grammar and spelling suggest a poster is not school smart, it is usually because they are bush smart. That's when I pay closer attention... because I am likely to learn something. The fellers here that struggle with the keyboard are often the ones with the most bushcraft to share.

Also, some here have suffered injury and stroke... their thoughts and experience are sound, but getting it out with a keyboard can present a challenge. My suggestion to you OP is to be a lot more open minded and accepting of others as they are.
    The reality is that if you correspond with industry (MEC), government or individuals, your opinions will be given more weight if you present them coherently. A lofty degree isn’t required to communicate effectively. One of the most intelligent and articulate people I’ve ever known had a grade 8 education.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    "It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petros65 View Post
    LOl - takes forever to read this. Imagine if your Doctor wrote out a medical report like this ---- would you go back or just die laughing - ha ha ha ha
    Surprisingly I read stuff like that as normal, with no hinderance in processing speed, but You wouldn't be able to read a medical report written out like this. It only works for words that are in your rote working memory. As you dial up complexity, spelling and grammar become increasingly important for comprehension. I think that might be partially the OP's original point.

Language is a tool to help convey the thoughts and ideas in your mind into that of an other person's. It makes sense that we practice with our tools as often, and as effectively, as possible.

on the other hand, typing out streams of consciousness, with one hand, from a mobile is bound to result in some awkward sentences and cringe worthy spelling. Just the nature of the social media beast.

I will try better.i will ask Susan to type my Post on bleeding rather than my ramblings .
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    The reality is that if you correspond with industry (MEC), government or individuals, your opinions will be given more weight if you present them coherently. A lofty degree isn’t required to communicate effectively. One of the most intelligent and articulate people I’ve ever known had a grade 8 education.
    This is exactly what I meant with my comment. Whether or not you like it, people will make judgments based upon people's writings. If the only way of forming an opinion of a person online, is through the things they write, I'd suggest it is pretty important.

Hmmmm some of us are educated..however it doesn't show with poor grammar , spelling issues...i had a complete education..including not one but two years of grade 12..lol..not really but it sounded funny.
    Now where was that wake up coffee....
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by IslandBC View Post
    Phuk that’s been it all along ??? Anti hunting groups don’t hate hunters because we kill animals . It’s because of our poor grammar and spelling !
    This is the last post I'll read on this thread. Because it's the only one worth reading.