Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ribs

Re: Ribs

fine tooth is better for ribs, just remember not to much pressure ,let the saw do the work

I just grind the rib meat now... BUT when I didn't I just used a proper bone saw.... it is a bit more laborious but there is no bone chips because its manual....
    I am very OCD on Ribs and when I want them I buy them.... Deer and moose ribs to me make better burger than they do ribs

Arrow Re: Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    .... Deer and moose ribs to me make better burger than they do ribs
    You are missing out!
    Simply have to learn the proper way of cooking them, and you will never go back to that way of thinking!
    Kind of like shanks in that so many really miss out by considering them "lesser cuts" when in fact they are among the finest when treated right.

As for cutting them, I use the fine toothed long blade when I can get the sawzall to them.
    And a fine toothed metal blade in the hacksaw when I can't.

Cheers,
    Nog The Lover of Ribs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I can`t stand deer ribs, too much tallow. Like eating a candle.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I've got a long manual meat saw. I just bring the whole front end (rib cage plus back) of a bear or deer home and we saw strips of ribs off of it that way.

There's nothing like bear ribs smothered in onions, garlic and tomato sauce slow cooked in a clay pot in the oven.

Mrs. loves the fatty deer brisket for Moroccan-style couscous.
    Last edited by MichelD; 03-06-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

any fine toothed saw, and then wipe the bone dust off. I find cutting the meat from between the ribs too laborious, better as a finger food! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Last year's deer I deboned everything and had the time so cut all the rib meat out too and left the rib bones on the carcass. Anyways I made a stew recently out of the rib meat and it was just awesome, cooked it slow a long time so you could cut the meat with a spoon. Nothing fancy just spuds, celery, carrots, onions, fennel a can of tomatoes and spices but man, that's the way to eat rib meat, almost tasted like Pho which also uses cuts with connective tissue and muscles well cooked.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Eastwing hatchet or any other hatchet, much more versatile for backpacking.

I use it to chop the ribs off, much quicker than a saw, as long as the blade is SHARP!!!

Have not had ribs in years as I do the gutless method and cannot be bothered to pack the bones out. But when I do, trim, smoke, steam and BBQ or broil, not the best, but pretty good!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!