Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Hunters First Season

Re: Newbie Hunters First Season

Thanks "NO Choke" and agreed. Pretty embarrassing missing twice. Heading to the range this weekend to practice shooting from different positions, not just from a sandbag rest.

Too bad there isn't somewhere in the Lower Mainland that allowed for practicing real life hunting type shots (different angles, greater distance) Makes me want to move back out into the interior. I did go up the Stave last summer to shoot, but did not even get out of the truck. Place was a war zone with guys blasting all over the place. Some drinking beer to boot. Very dangerous. Garbage in every turnout and cut blocks.

Does anybody know of other areas near the Lower Mainland where a guy can get out to practice shooting some real life hunting situations?

Thanks,

Hunterchef

looks like an awesome season. great story for sure, gives me a big itch for fall to be here again.
    2 very nice looking deer

HunterChef,

Unfortunately I'm no help at the moment concerning places to stump shoot and such around the LML. There's gotta be somewhere safe and good for real world Hunt conditions practice about in Region 2, hopefully you find somewhere suitable soon.

There's really no reason to be embarrassed! Everyone misses from time to time, seems to be. Being in practice and increasing your repertoire of shots you're comfortable with will certainly boost confidence and decrease any misses. Great idea!

Congrats on a great sounding season. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more pics of those bucks!

This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterChef View Post
    Thanks "NO Choke" and agreed. Pretty embarrassing missing twice. Heading to the range this weekend to practice shooting from different positions, not just from a sandbag rest.

Too bad there isn't somewhere in the Lower Mainland that allowed for practicing real life hunting type shots (different angles, greater distance) Makes me want to move back out into the interior. I did go up the Stave last summer to shoot, but did not even get out of the truck. Place was a war zone with guys blasting all over the place. Some drinking beer to boot. Very dangerous. Garbage in every turnout and cut blocks.

Does anybody know of other areas near the Lower Mainland where a guy can get out to practice shooting some real life hunting situations?

Thanks,

Hunterchef
    Last year many of the places to shoot were shut down as the various municipalities expanded their "no shooting" areas, so it's more difficult to find a place these days. Best bet is to bite the bullet and join a range unfortunately.