Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MEC mailing address - info@mec.ca

Re: MEC mailing address - info@mec.ca

The sources to the problem are many. Easy access to guns, lack of mental health care, lack of community, firearms manufacturers lobbying government for as little regulation as possible, etc.

Given that they have done virtually nothing for so many shootings over so many years, it is time to apply pressure from as many sides as possible to somehow reduce, if not eliminate, these tragedies.

Peace to all.

I don't think it will have a big impact one way or the other.
    MEC has been anti hunting for a very long time so this is just the tip of the iceberg. The supplying companies that MEC will now reject will find other avenues to sell their product line. So the only ones getting stiffed here will be MEC and those that are hardcore MEC customer/members. However, as companies seek to consolidate their marketability by absorption, MEC will find that they are handcuffed in what will be available to them.
    MEC did top 5 million members in 2017. How many of those are hunters?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Perhaps the e-mails and letters should have been sent before MEC made their decision. "Wait to see what happens" attitude is killing us. IMHO.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Just quit selling AR 15`s. Easy . Not a hunting rifle. .223. short barrel...I don`t want that in my hand when I see the Elk or the deer of a lifetime.
    Sometimes you have to give a step to gain two. Yeah, you all can bitch about freedom but AR`s attract assholes. (you aren't all assholes but you know what I mean.)
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Just quit selling AR 15`s. Easy . Not a hunting rifle. .223. short barrel...I don`t want that in my hand when I see the Elk or the deer of a lifetime.
    Sometimes you have to give a step to gain two. Yeah, you all can bitch about freedom but AR`s attract assholes. (you aren't all assholes but you know what I mean.)
    Idiot comment . The AR15 is the most popular sporting rifle in the US if not North America. With the millions of AR15’s in the hands of responsible shooters and the hundreads of thousands of rounds shot per day, the percentage of AR15’s used in illegal shootings is so small it shouldn’t even be taken seriously .
    perseverance pays off

Interesting point. I guess it’s the slippery slope argument though. What’s the next evil gun...SKS’s?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Your statement is nonsense
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

By your own reasoning, you must own an AR15
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Response back from MEC :

Hi Dylan,

We regret that you are disappointed with the path we have chosen. As mentioned in the open letter from our CEO, we will continue to engage with these brands as well as our peers in the outdoor industry in North America in ways that are consistent with our mission and values. We are prepared to have a wider discussion throughout our industry and North America. And to be clear, MEC is not against hunting, we know many MEC members hunt or practice responsible sport shooting.

Best regards,

Jess
    perseverance pays off

I don't think banning AR-15's would do anything. It would be like banning the Honda civic to reduce street racing. Would it actually help, or would people just put racing stripes on their Corolla's?

Anyone could just buy a different rifle and could cut the barrel if they wish to make it smaller.

If we are to believe the function of the AR-15 is the issue, then the only honest argument would be that all semi-auto action types should be banned (well over half of all firearms in North America I would imagine) That said, I think just as much damage could be done with other action types, so if there is a shooting with a pump action, to keep the idea that banning things will help, we would need to ban the pump action as well.