Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favourite knife?

Re: What’s your favourite knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post

My Dad's vintage Rich A. Herder Solingen Germany "Buffalo Skinner" and an Outdoor Edge. I carry the "Skinner" on my belt in a homemade sheath and the Outdoor Edge in my pack. Both are wickedly sharp! I really love my Dad's knife. It's a prize possession of mine.
    Love those old leather washer handle knives. Always feel better to hold than bone or wood handles, especially in the cold. Some of the knife makers on this site should have a go at.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I like my Larry Durand knife.
    He is in Tagish Lake Yukon..
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Love those old leather washer handle knives. Always feel better to hold than bone or wood handles, especially in the cold. Some of the knife makers on this site should have a go at.
    Yup. Me too. My work hammer has a nice leather handle too. I paid extra to get one with a handle like that.

GSO 4.7

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75868A16-D152-44B2-BAFF-281B353252A8.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	6860  

Dozier Pro hunter out of Arkansas

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I have a bunch of Custom Knives, Bob Lay, Don Stevenson, Blacktail, I pack and use an Outdoor Edge Ultralight replaceable blade knife and one of my favourites is a Victorinox Serrated Blade knife and sheath for about $15, deadly sharp, you can get a few sharpening out of them, used them for years working in the net loft buildings Seines and for years commercial fishing.

7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

My havalon piranta is my goto, done many animals with it, usually able to do a full deer in 2 blades(boned out).

Keep a old folding blade on hand always that my grandfather got from Portugal, works great for some cases when the havalon just doesnt have the strength and stability working around some bone areas.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Victorinox as posted on page 4 ! Fibrox handles are very safe even when wet .

Buck folder with bright orange plastic handle, easy to see if you lay it down .

Buck 121 bought many years ago ,keeps a razor edge .

Recently purchased a BK9 as a workhorse for vehicle camping . You can baton that thing, dynamite for making kindling .
    Arctic Lake

My husband and I have both been using Havalon with the replaceable blades for the last few years. I like them, except when I accidentally snap a blade in half. For now though they're working well enough.

My favorite is the one I just found. Couple years ago my son bought me a beauty Buck fixed blade with a gut hook. Rosewood handle, way too pretty to hunt with. So I did, got a real nice buck and chucked the knife into the back of my rig when I was done. Forgot it and never saw it again for 2 years. I could not get it out of my mind. Kid would ask me how I liked the knife and could he see it... Yeah sure it`s around here somewhere.Drove my crazy.
    So the other day I decided to GUT my truck, under the seats , behind the seats, in the back...everything.I used the shop Vac to suck up about 45 pounds of hound dog hair.
    I found a BUD beer from 4 years ago. 2 shotgun shells ,18 .22 shells,a knife sharpener, 2 screwdrivers and.... my lovely knife!
    So now I don`t have to lie to the kid about how the knife is doing. She be fine.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories