Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s your favourite knife?

Re: What’s your favourite knife?

No love for the old Schrade/IXL blades ... ? Old Timer - Uncle Henry
    'Sharpfinger' ... ?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

got a buck 105 30 years ago, still on my hip every time I go out. I carry a Havlon with extra blades with my hunting tags, kind of a tag/licence money clip idea? I bought 2 or 3 of those finish cheapies, they sharpen up quickly and get super sharp! usually go the whole season with the buck without a stone sharpen, just touch ups on the hone! I bought a bruks hatchet, it is razor sharp, and works well for any chopping I ever do, and I have a wyoming saw, but rarely use it ever, since going to the gutless method. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    got a buck 105 30 years ago, still on my hip every time I go out. I carry a Havlon with extra blades with my hunting tags, kind of a tag/licence money clip idea? I bought 2 or 3 of those finish cheapies, they sharpen up quickly and get super sharp! usually go the whole season with the buck without a stone sharpen, just touch ups on the hone! I bought a bruks hatchet, it is razor sharp, and works well for any chopping I ever do, and I have a wyoming saw, but rarely use it ever, since going to the gutless method. Moosin
    25+ years for mine. Good for a lot more.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    25+ years for mine. Good for a lot more.
    I agree! The blade is a little narrower than it used to be! Gotta fix the sheath for it, a rivet pulled through! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I have one too, had it so long (40 + Years) the blade has cut through the sheath so many times it has layers of duct tape and electrical tape holding it together.

I wonder if there's a way to gt a new sheath?
    http://www.grohmannknives.com/index....sories/sheaths
    Sounds like they do handle repairs and reconditioning too.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

That looks like a Grohmann sitting on that rear quarter. Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I have one too, had it so long (40 + Years) the blade has cut through the sheath so many times it has layers of duct tape and electrical tape holding it together.

I wonder if there's a way to gt a new sheath?
    You can buy new sheaths from the factory, just google them.

I've been running a pair of the original gerber gator fixed blades for about 20 years now. No complaints,they sharpen up nice, hold their edge well, and I love the shape of the handle and the rubber on the handle gives a really good grip. If I know we're gonna be somewhere that a total breakdown of the critter will be necessary I will also pack a flexible blade 6" filet knife for doing the loins cleanly
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Been using an outdoor edge razor pro, and the tyto for a couple seasons and like them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Been using an outdoor edge razor pro, and the tyto for a couple seasons and like them a lot.
    Great invention for someone like me who can not sharpen a knife. My hunting partner tried mine on one of our trips and bought one as soon as he was back in town.