Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

Gut pile your absolutely right we gotta be careful what kind of media attention we attract from now on

I closed last season by letting a beauty red/chocolate beast walk because it was getting dark fast. I hope he lived through this fall and I'll be looking for him this spring!

I will buy my 2 tags a plan do a trip up towards Meziadin with the bow, and a friend looking for his first Big Game Harvest. Hope to spend a weekend and do my part in predator control. I think bears kill a pile of Calf Moose every spring! I like to have a tag in my pocket while trolling Babine lake in June. Often see bears cruising the lake shores.

Hoping to harvest my first bear this spring, would also be my first big game animal with the bow. Got a jet black belly dragger on trail cam at the end of November and will be targeting that area early April in hopes of catching up with him, won't pass up anything legal though as my freezer is currently empty. Good luck out there!

Region 3/5 borderlands. Trying to take up fly fishing but I’ll be packing the aught-six too.

I can't decide what I'm going for this year. Saw an awesome cinnamon, and a couple with beauty chest patches last year, but they were 150km apart. Maybe I'll go for the cinnamon if the road will allow it. Both were north of Kamloops on unplowed roads. I was stopped by a 10ft snow drift at the middle of May. Maybe I'll use the snow drift to cool my hide and meat...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Struck out last year first the first time in 3 years, on bear's, because i could'nt put the bow down. Might pull the rifle out and the end of May this time.

I plan (hope) on a repeat of this story this spring, http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...grandads-rifle, but this time with my grandmothers old pre 64 .375 h&h. Same rules will apply, with one addition, hopefully my 5 year old daughter will be with me.

Cool Re: spring bear 2018

Prior to last fall it had been many years since I have taken down a Bruin.
    The one I did collect was large, provided many a fine meal, cases of excellent lard, and a fine rug (which I gave to the Rancher whose property it used to roam).

Still have some of the hams & smokies left, but the pepps are getting a tad scant.

I will buy a tag in the spring (always do), but it will have to be the "Right Bear" once again before I touch one off.

Shortly after I took the one I did out, another boar of damn near the same size moved in. He was apparently seen staggering drunkenly around in February (not unusual behavior for Island Bears) and was noted to still be packing a lot of lard.
    Rancher who saw him asked me if I'd do the job this spring. I instead turned one of his hunting neighbors onto the mission, if, and ONLY if the bear becomes a problem. If not, I will do my damnest to harvest him come fall, with the thought of more good munchies, and a replacement for our lard larder.

Another Buddy is considering a raid from Hardy up into the Great Bear Rainforest (LOL every time I see or say that!) with the thought of taking out a decent handful of that area's coastal Big Boys. If that gets off the ground, I am fairly certain I will gleefully attend...

Best of Luck out there this spring Folks!
    Looking right forward to the tales & pictures as they come in...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

For lots of years I have gone bear hunting and never shot one, I could have every year, likely lots of them but never wanted to wreck a good camping trip by actually shooting one. This year I think I will change that, what with the current government you never know what you will be able to hunt again and its more than time to help with thinning down the predators a bit, might help save a fawn or calf.