Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    It's been years too. Like every year, I truly believe this year I have unlocked the secret to figuring out this one pocket of BT's. Maybe this time it will check out?

How far North do you have to be to be outside of BT turf? I thought the sitka BT's went all the way up the coast of Alaska? Or do you just mean Columbian BT's? Maybe you are inland?

Anyway it's not a total loss. Like you said it trains you to key in on detail. Then you apply blacktail tactics to spring bear and it just feels like it should be illegal... unfair chase lol
    Sitka’s are about 6-7hrs west and Columbian 11hrs south of me so bit of a drive. I miss BT hunting but not the lower mainland lol

Black bear hunting well you hear pg is good not as good as my place. Wife knocked down a big boar few days ago now my search for a giant can start.

I made a quick drive up the Chilliwack area this morning I came around a bend on a logging road and spotted a small sow and a tiny cub run off the road appr 50 yards in front of me.

About 10 min later I parked got out to do some things there 350 yards down the road was a black blob.

So I reached into the SUV and grabbed my bino's when I looked I couldn't see a black blob anywhere kept looking when there where the blob had been was a coyote running up the road towards me he winded me at 75 yards.

Went about what I was doing when I noticed the black blob again grabbed the bino's again there standing in the middle of the road was a very large black bear I kept watching when out popped two large bear cubs.

I was able to sneak down a trail and got to 40 yards from the sow before she winded me.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Got my first ever bear Monday morning. Not tanker by any means but beautiful chocolate coat on him. Measured him at 5’8” nose to tail. Skinning and quartering my first ever bear in 25c heat was a lot of fun... never thought I’d be one of these guys but I’d upload pics but I can’t figure out how without getting errors.

Congrates...

I haven't seen a shootible bear yet this year.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Congrats to all for just getting out...haven't been out yet this season at all....but my son was born on the 18th so been having some fun hanging out with him.....gotta build bonding time with my future hunting partner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaridwarren View Post
    Anyone ever poke around the Boston Bar area? I'll be there next weekend and was wondering if I could get pointed in the right direction.
    Sent you a PM.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo