Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

I’m heading out to a spot sorta in the cowichan area. Will start April 1st as always. Should have the truck by then up to north island for may long for the big boys can’t wait.

i'll be going to the Hope dump for a bear , there are tons of bears there

I still have a lot of bear meat and lard in the freezer from the one I took in the fall. I'll get a tag and hit the bush looking around for one, but I'll have to decide if take a shot if and when an opportunity presents itself.

1st time hunting Black Bear seriously was last year. Gonna give it a good College try this year. Last year I was too late in the Season. I'm off the middle of May and hopefully I'll have a Wall Tent by then. PUMPED!!!!

I plan to do some hiking, scouting,exploring in a newish area. Seen bear sign and a few smaller bears there last year. I think I will just pack the rifle and kill kit. If I see one I like I’ll take it. If not I plan to spend more time outdoors then ever this year, so it’s win win. I also take my rifle when I go fly fishing,never know when a monster will cross the road

Don’t wait till mid may get out there and scout those buggers. You see a lot when you’re looking closely. I saw lots of bears last year first week of April

My father and I are hoping to go into the Horsefly/Likely area. We have never been in there before and we will take what ever we see that is legal to fill the freezer for the summer. My 4 kids love bear meat. We are hoping to get 2 spring bears.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Quote Originally Posted by StuBrown View Post
    My father and I are hoping to go into the Horsefly/Likely area. We have never been in there before and we will take what ever we see that is legal to fill the freezer for the summer. My 4 kids love bear meat. We are hoping to get 2 spring bears.
    Both areas hold tons of black bears..going to be a bit later..most snow in 15 years..over the years Mother's day has been my most successful spring black bear date...shot a huge chocolate bear mothers day in Horsefly.
    My first choice for this spring.
    Steven

I have always purchased a Black bear tag and have never filled one. I have seen quite a few bears while out hunting, but never felt the urge to fill it. With changing times and my family real enjoying eating wild game, we have decided to add bear meat to our diet. I will be out in region 3, looking in the early green up areas to find that nice spring bear. Good luck to everyone!

I wonder if the animals rights groups will now protest the blackbear hunt this spring since they got the grizzly hunt band.
    I think we will soon hear them squawking come April .
    Can 't see why they wouldn't.