Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

^^^^ My first bear was a bit of a sh-t show too. Dusk, at least 2 bears close, solo and no idea how to strap it to my pack properly. 4 trips, including 1 just for fat. I was in a hurry and my gut job looked like a scene from The Walking Dead!
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

^^^lol...couldn't be as bad as the time I saw a guy gutting a fish crossways not lengthways ....I mentioned he was doing it kinda funny...he said he had been doing it his whole life that way....I said fair enough nice fish a d walked away..lol....my biggest concern with bear is somehow mess the hide up...or with it being normally a lot warmer then fall season is spoilage.

okanagan blond phase? what is this? i have just moved here ( north okanagan)and enjoy bear hunting, sounds like a nice one to see

Snows just finally starting to get some momentum melting locally... Really hoping to start my season within the next two weeks and find a big boar! South slopes are pretty close to completely thawed down low.. just waiting on the green up..

How's the melt over around horsefly? Thinking about heading up there this year for spring bear!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Was sitting in the sun and got to thinking....one of the spots I wanna spend a couple days at has a bunch of streams and is close to a lake......so to maximize/diversify my harvest and time in the bush.....chuck out a couple crayfish traps at start of day and let soak while im out looking for bears....has anyone else done something like this?
    I often do that. I take the traps on the ATV and dump them in the water then pick up on my way out. So far this season I'm at no bears and no crayfish

How's the melt over around horsefly? Thinking about heading up there this year for spring bear!
    Still lots of snow...as of two weeks ago, there was still over 2 feet at lake level (quesnel lake), higher elevations...even more. Gonna be considerably later gettin into our cabin this year!
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ah crap. I appreciate the response. I wonder if it's better anywhere around Princeton or something. I'm hoping a week of warm weather will help the snow piss off

Saw a small bear just north of PG on Sunday.

No clue what he was eating as there is still a lot of snow

3' of snow in the bush out in these parts
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004