Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

I'm tempted to post up a video I just put together from clips of last year. It's mostly just me all jacked up and rambling like an idiot after-the-fact... rolling a bear down a bluff with some overlays from before and then some grinding and burger making tacked on the end. I'm not sure if it will inspire people to hunt bears or make fun of me lol

Have to wait for the snow to melt off my south facing mulie spot and green up, hope to exterminate a couple out of there to help out the mulie calving season. If I still own the Lapua by then it will be backflipping both bears
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Thumbs up Re: spring bear 2018

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    ... I'm not sure if it will inspire people to hunt bears or make fun of me lol
    Post It Up Man!!

Either way it will be some rather fine entertainment, and more than a few could use that around here just now (myself included!)

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I'm tempted to post up a video I just put together from clips of last year. It's mostly just me all jacked up and rambling like an idiot after-the-fact... rolling a bear down a bluff with some overlays from before and then some grinding and burger making tacked on the end. I'm not sure if it will inspire people to hunt bears or make fun of me lol
    It would be cool to see.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

So y'all got any tips for an aspiring bowhunter still looking for his first big game animal? This will be my first time heading out for spring bear and looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Post It Up Man!!

Either way it will be some rather fine entertainment, and more than a few could use that around here just now (myself included!)

Cheers,
    Nog
    Alright when you put it that way... hopefully everyone is thoroughly, partially or even somewhat entertained (at any aspect) during the following 5 minute segment. Feel free to like, subscribe, comment and all that good stuff before the anti's come around

Thumbs up Re: spring bear 2018

Litte shaky here and there, but overall not too bad!
    A little editing and you are well on the way.
    Liked the finish with the burgers btw!

What time of year was the trail cam vid of the problem bear?
    Watched it a couple of times, and I dunno, just something "off" to me in the way he walks...

Wondering,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Litte shaky here and there, but overall not too bad!
    A little editing and you are well on the way.
    Liked the finish with the burgers btw!

What time of year was the trail cam vid of the problem bear?
    Watched it a couple of times, and I dunno, just something "off" to me in the way he walks...

Wondering,
    Nog
    Lol ya it's tough man. I'm twitchy enough as it is... shooting stick required over 30 yards... give me a hand-held cam, some zoom and/or adrenaline and I am all over the place Blair Witch style. Was hoping Youtube would detect the video needed stabilization but no dice! (Edit: Hmm I just found a stabilize option under "Enhancements" ... not sure if I should do it or if it will mess with other stuff)

I have the problem bear on cam in July and August. That particular footage is August (when he charged me while looking for an arrow and crept up to me while sleeping... worth noting he has never hung around beyond early July in previous years) but he also walked up a few yards behind my jeep while I was running it and changing my pants (caught with pants down) back in April (second or third week)

I think he just walks with a swagger because he has a huge set? He can zip around surprisingly cat-like too. I have seen him casually bounce 10 yards in a fraction of a second, just touching ground once in the process. It's a creepy bear... no other way to put it.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 02-28-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Cool vid!
    nice bear

Nice video! Very well done. It makes me want to make hunting vids too.

Edit: great bear as well.
    When in doubt, just pin it.