Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    JLirot

I can probably get you permission in the corn fields.

depending on witch one.

Keep in mind if its Silverdale its shotgun with shot or bow only and those bears also frequent down eg dump bear.. if there out by the slough they are also salmon bears. hatzic prarie they will also be garbage bears. by all means thin some out but in my opinion nothing beats a cloverfilled spring bear.
    They were on the slough. But, they were FULL of corn. Salmon was just getting started so their shite was nothing but corn. I'll PM you about getting permissions. It would be great to get some spots to take the dog out as well. Always better to be on private land with less people ...In the public areas around here I rarely even go out - too many stupid people.

Cheers,

My goal is very specific. I am going to shoot this guy. Needs to be put down at first presented shot. I have been thinking about him a lot... kind of a household topic.

- He walked through my camp (while I was changing and not ready) mid April last year

- He charged at me late August while I was retrieving an arrow

- A week after he charged me, pretty sure he walked up to the jeep while I was sleeping and put his face up against the plastic window an inch or so away from my head (I yelled, flipped on the light and turned on the ignition and never saw him after, could be a dream I don't remember waking up from but 99% sure it happened, so real... lots of moonlight, heard him getting closer and closer and then hello, his face up against mind with a thin layer or plastic in between) ... either way, no fear of people and charged me so I want him in my freezer where he won't bother me or anyone else.

Good timing for this thread. I was actually just thinking about bear season and going through old footage. I have a lot of footage from 2017 spring bear hunting and a new laptop to edit on, so I'll be putting out gooder soon (before the season opens) to get everyone even more inspired.

Hoping caddisgirl or my brother get to pull a trigger or two this year.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 02-26-2018 at 06:28 PM.

I'm trying for my first bear this fall in the Pemberton area... anyone near Pemberton that will do a rug/butcher? I took my first blacktail this fall all the way to Pitt Meadows and would rather find a local!!

A good taxidermy is worth travel. It’s something you will have forever. And butchering can be done at home!!

i refuse to pay a butcher for anything other then sausage. Unless I had a moose to deal with and work the next day.

Nice brown mixed in with that bear caddisguy. Go get em. Reminds me of my first opportunity to harvest a bear when I was a rookie. Came hiking around a bend and was face to face with a really big pure blondie. I think I was more startled then the bear and totally blew my shot. Haunts me to this day as I don’t think I will see a colour phase bear that big again.

Good luck spring bear hunters!! Everyone take 2 this year since they stripped us of our grizzly hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    My goal is very specific. I am going to shoot this guy. Needs to be put down at first presented shot. I have been thinking about him a lot... kind of a household topic.

- He walked through my camp (while I was changing and not ready) mid April last year

- He charged at me late August while I was retrieving an arrow

- A week after he charged me, pretty sure he walked up to the jeep while I was sleeping and put his face up against the plastic window an inch or so away from my head (I yelled, flipped on the light and turned on the ignition and never saw him after, could be a dream I don't remember waking up from but 99% sure it happened, so real... lots of moonlight, heard him getting closer and closer and then hello, his face up against mind with a thin layer or plastic in between) ... either way, no fear of people and charged me so I want him in my freezer where he won't bother me or anyone else.

Good timing for this thread. I was actually just thinking about bear season and going through old footage. I have a lot of footage from 2017 spring bear hunting and a new laptop to edit on, so I'll be putting out gooder soon (before the season opens) to get everyone even more inspired.

Hoping caddisgirl or my brother get to pull a trigger or two this year.

Love the title of your video lmao

Best of luck sounds personal lol

I'm not opposed to travel, just curious if someone was close to Pemberton... I will eventually butcher on my own but this is my first season hunting and don't have the tools/time/knowledge yet.

cut and wrap a bear is the easiest..
    back straps..whole rears for ham frints and neck cut up for burger or sausage...i heard gatholia is a bucher a chef a bear slayer and he lives in pemberton..

i am sure a case of hells gate could get you a tutorial.
    make sure you have a big freezer to store hide.

Quote Originally Posted by SF2020 View Post
    I'm not opposed to travel, just curious if someone was close to Pemberton... I will eventually butcher on my own but this is my first season hunting and don't have the tools/time/knowledge yet.
    Lots of good bears in pemberton, try the soo river in May, beauty scenery, and the next drainage over I forgot the name but nice In there too! The drive from pemberton to Harrison lake could yield you a bear also if you explore off the main road.

If those places are slow try Boston bar area... very good bear numbers.

soo in the spring you can see moose..and the co's dump trouble bears up there...my uncle got the whistler iga bear up there he had like 9 ear tags lol...
    he was the one taking the pizza slices off the counter..
    i have a photo of tgat fatso somewhere.