Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: spring bear 2018

Re: spring bear 2018

Quote Originally Posted by NChunter View Post
    ^^^^any pictures on the cameras?
    Yeah but nothing too exciting... got a clip of a new fork buck scraping a tree, some blacktail does running around acting paranoid. I'll post something up in my 2017 trailcam thread since most of the footage will have been from 2017. I was expecting to catch some preds, maybe a moose or something crazy like a Region 2 grizz but no dice. Still 3 more cams to fetch though.

Kinda bummed about all the snow in our bear spot. It's going to be a late start and then there could be flooding issues. We'll still get a bear or two, but I was hoping to start hunting sooner.

Busy this weekend but next weekend...gonna be checking my Harrison spot ....see how things are shaping up there....snow line is still pretty low but the spots in a valley so keeping fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Busy this weekend but next weekend...gonna be checking my Harrison spot ....see how things are shaping up there....snow line is still pretty low but the spots in a valley so keeping fingers crossed.
    Just snowed at my place in Deroche yesterday, and some flurries still in the forecast over the next couple days. Still pretty brown in the areas I checked out up Harrison this weekend.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Just purchased a tree stand and some climbing sticks to set up in my spot..

Head out the middle of this month to set up, along with trail cams, to finally get a serious chance at this Boar..

The bush where this Bear lives, is a tough place to call in safely, solo hunting..

When I first came across this honey hole a few years ago, I was so pissed off, having no results as a new hunter, I tried my fawn call..

The Bear was bedded down not far off! Charged to within 30ft and thankfully winded me, or I might not be here right now!

Work got in the way for any quality time last year..

This is the year!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Just purchased a tree stand and some climbing sticks to set up in my spot..

Head out the middle of this month to set up, along with trail cams, to finally get a serious chance at this Boar..

The bush where this Bear lives, is a tough place to call in safely, solo hunting..

When I first came across this honey hole a few years ago, I was so pissed off, having no results as a new hunter, I tried my fawn call..

The Bear was bedded down not far off! Charged to within 30ft and thankfully winded me, or I might not be here right now!

Work got in the way for any quality time last year..

This is the year!
    That looks like the same bear I am after lol (shown in the video I posted up some pages back)

Crap I hope we aren't in the same spot. Do you run into a lot of ticks?

If it is the same spot, that bear needs to die. Charged me once and tried to get at my while I was sleeping a week later.

Regardless, good luck out there! I am probably going to head out this weekend to have a look around but don't expect to whack a bear until a week or two later.

Excited about the season!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    That looks like the same bear I am after lol (shown in the video I posted up some pages back)

Crap I hope we aren't in the same spot. Do you run into a lot of ticks?

If it is the same spot, that bear needs to die. Charged me once and tried to get at my while I was sleeping a week later.

Regardless, good luck out there! I am probably going to head out this weekend to have a look around but don't expect to whack a bear until a week or two later.

Excited about the season!!
    I think your spot is somewhere between chilliwack and hope?

This guy is north of squamish...
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.

I think your spot is somewhere between chilliwack and hope?

This guy is north of squamish...
    Different spots for sure. I am relieved yet disappointed. I want to put a bounty out for my guy. Yours looks more chunky and has a better coat too.

Are you going to stick that bear with an arrow?

Yea he's a beauty, I figure he's at least 6 years old..

No sticks for me yet, 280 ai...

And havn't had a problem with ticks in that area, knock on wood...

He's awake? Excellent!

We found some tracks yesterday but I would guess they were a few days old... they had filled in with a little more snow. Still lots and lots of snow. We did find some grass not too far off the tracks, so we set up the blind there for a sit... a few hours late morning and then a couple more hours before dark. Still another couple weeks before things will start to get good (by good, I mean easy)