Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey hunting around Penticton

Turkey hunting around Penticton

Hey everyone, first post here so take it easy on me...

Anyone hunt for gobblers around the Penticton area in the spring? Want to take pity on me and show me around? I live in West Kelowna, but it looks like according to the regs I'd need to drive south for the spring season. Just getting back into hunting, went a few times when I was young and I want to be able to do the same for my kids once I figure out what I'm doing. I'm just starting out with a rimfire rifle and optimism, any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey hunting around Penticton

Anybody? I'm realizing I may need to go a bit further south...

Head east .
    Beaverdall-Carmi Hwy33 region .
    Few turkeys starting to show up around Mt Baldy region but this heavy snow winter might have pushed them back to Rock Creek-Kettle River area .
    Good luck .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

"The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist..."

Seem to be that way with all Governments.

Further away, in the kootenays you'll find a turkey gold mine along the north shore. They're borderline becoming a pest. Around my parents farm we see wild roaming groups of 20+. I imagine anywhere between beaverdell and the koots would be good.

yeah head east, and please buy a shotgun to hunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    "The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist..."

Seem to be that way with all Governments.
    And your point is ????
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    yeah head east, and please buy a shotgun to hunt them.
    Any particular reason why? Aside from the safety of other hunters behind the bird (which is moot if I am making a safe shot) I see a rimfire rifle as an improvement in many ways

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Head east .
    Beaverdall-Carmi Hwy33 region .
    Few turkeys starting to show up around Mt Baldy region but this heavy snow winter might have pushed them back to Rock Creek-Kettle River area .
    Good luck .
    Thanks, I guess I was just going by what the regs say about openings, didn't realize there might not even be any birds in 8-9 or 8-1.

Quote Originally Posted by mmckimmi View Post
    Further away, in the kootenays you'll find a turkey gold mine along the north shore. They're borderline becoming a pest. Around my parents farm we see wild roaming groups of 20+. I imagine anywhere between beaverdell and the koots would be good.
    North shore? I'm not familiar, grew up around Kamloops and haven't been East of Rock Creek in my life. Some specific direction would be great