It's a cool video but for a redundant fishing method.
The use of corn in summer time on trolled gear is a waste of time, good corn. The dye and the stink on the other hand are practical, but for other methods. The dye for dyeing guinea feathers red; the stink for soaking red floss that you attach to the hook for scent (if you think you need it).
Years ago when Young's Tool and Hardware existed in Penticton, come spring, I would tie a couple gross of red bodied Doc Spratleys for the Skaha Lake kokanee fishery. Always sold out and depending how early, might tie another gross.
Moved to Quesnel and would buy some fly tying material from Frank Chow of Frank's Supermarket and I believe Frank Arnold from the shop downtown about opposite of the post office. Frank Chow would get me to tie a couple of gross of bi-visibles for the "kokanee" fishery at Bowron Lake. The only other lake that sported kokanee was Stony Lake NE of Quesnel.
Eventually kokanee were introduced to Tyee Lake NE of Williams Lake to augment the small kokanee fishery there. This is where I started to fish them in winter, spring and summer. In winter, the bait of the day was maggots trailing a jigged flasher. In the summer it was a small spoon, Dick Night or Mack Imperial tailing a small flasher. No bait.
Now, I fish mostly at Monte Lake, using the aforementioned gear for winter. In the summer, it's a lead-core line with a flasher and most often a wee spoon with either red of gold/green flash. Generally nothing else is needed, well, maybe making sure the boat speed is kept down to 1.6 to 2 kph, not over. If it is that slow, I might add a tiny piece of the appropriately colored fishing floss with a little stink. I generally prefer not to use stink because it makes the fingers stinky and sticky.
I did successfully fish Ten Mile on the north end using the flasher and spoon method.