Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2018 Early Sheep LEH

Re: 2018 Early Sheep LEH

lol. 6-20A

Quote Originally Posted by Zackmartin View Post
    Finally received my first LEH ever(SPATSIZI), after years and years. This is also my first sheep hunt, a lot of people I’ve been talking to say I’m in over my head. I’m starting my research on the area as I don’t know it at all besides seeing it on a map. I’m not loaded so this will be a harder hunt as I might have to find a way in from the Klappen, either way me and my brother are determined and we’re are going. If you have any advice I’d appreciate it, thanks.
    book a flight with alpine lakes air

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    book a flight with alpine lakes air
    Been talking with them already. They seem like nice people will go with them for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Rolls eyes....

Which zone is what he was asking. A number of zones for early sheep draw, so if you post which zone others can provide some info on it
    My bad I thought I was on the Spatsizi forum... been researching alot and got lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    Been talking with them already. They seem like nice people will go with them for sure

My bad I thought I was on the Spatsizi forum... been researching alot and got lost.
    All good, hope you get some good info as there is a lot of experience in the room.

Make the drive down to Kamloops next week for the WSSBC convention if you aren't already going. Great place to connect and share info, tell some stories, plan, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    All good, hope you get some good info as there is a lot of experience in the room.

Make the drive down to Kamloops next week for the WSSBC convention if you aren't already going. Great place to connect and share info, tell some stories, plan, etc.
    Solid advice!

I also got a sheep tag in 620 A.
    I am really looking for as much info/help as I can find.
    I am a new hunter and last year I pulled caribou and moose LEH for the same area, was supposed to go on a dream hunt as I also got a grizzly tag near Liard that I was going to try for in my way back from caribou/moose. However, life got in the way and I didn’t get to go. I was literally devestated and still get heartbroken thinking about it now.
    So this year I put in for the early spring in the same area on the off chance that I would actually get it. I did.
    620 zone A.
    Looking for any recommendations for who to fly in with, or who would be a reasonable price for a guide as obviously I can’t go by myself since I’m new to hunting!

Thanks for any info!

I pulled 6-29 Tatshenshini. First LEH I've ever put in for so feeling very blessed. I'm so excited that I've not been able to sleep. Been up reading every thread on this site regarding the area and Dall sheep hunting. So much great information on this site. Right now the plan is a 10 day solo backpack hunt. Fly into Whitehorse late July, rent a truck, drive down and start hiking.

Any information and guidance from members who have been into the area is greatly appreciated. PM's are great.

Thank you,

Hunterchef

That sounds like a hell of a trip HunterChef! Sounds like you are on the right track with your plans so far. Congrats!
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

I believe 6 dalls taken last year in BC,

I drew 6-28 dall, im new to the site but not to sheep hunting, have never been to the area but have a great hunt plan in place, I have spoken to successful hunters as well as unsuccessful that have been in there and they all say the same thing, "its beautiful country" I could not be more excited to go! All that is left is to train!! I would love to hear of anyone else's story if they've been in 6-28, cant get enough of sheep hunting stories, successful or not!