Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red wing Elk Tracker or Irish setter

Re: Red wing Elk Tracker or Irish setter

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I agree, especially for that sheep draw you just pulled!
    Ha! It would seem that all of a sudden I need a real mountain boot, now doesn't it?

I have a pair of Irish setter boots, cost me 300 bucks, great so long as its not to wet out, which is always... and these boots are garbage, they take 4 hrs to get wet and 2 days to dry. I contacted the manufacturer and they gave me the runaround, get something made in Canada or the USA, anything but the Chinese shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    Ha! It would seem that all of a sudden I need a real mountain boot, now doesn't it?
    That’s for sure .... save the elk trackers for them whitetails you get.... for the draw you got I be talkin to Bigwhiteys on here or Stone Sheep Steve or the many more advid sheep hunters on here I haven’t mentioned.... save the trackers for the still hunts in the woods.

Checkout Scarpa, Hanwag, Lowa and Meindl. Backpacking boots will have a stiffer sole for those long days and packing a load. Goretex is a must in my opinion. I have a pair of Scarpa kinesys pro gtx that are an awesome leather boot and also picked up the Scarpa charmoz pto gtx as a bit stiffer sole synthetic boot that's proven to be great in goat country. Not pushing Scarpa as all the high end boots are good and I tried them all on its just that they fit my foot the best.
    Last edited by Haddy; 03-03-2018 at 12:01 AM.

The old 'Irish setter' is better than the red wings now. I have an old pair of black bears, winsgshooters, and elk trackers that are still good. I HAD 1 pair of new elk trackers and wrecked them quick.

If you like that style of boot they are very comfortable.

Theres lighter and better boots for better or same price.

they are retired from hunting, I've evolved to better lol

I had under armour boots, super comfy, waterproof...and fell apart in less than a year.
    Then I got elk trackers. Allegedly waterproof. The "walking in the rain" test determined that was a lie. Soaked.
    Now, approaching 3 years in Lowa Tibets. Feet stay dry, they did break in eventually, and I love them.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I had under armour boots, super comfy, waterproof...and fell apart in less than a year.
    Then I got elk trackers. Allegedly waterproof. The "walking in the rain" test determined that was a lie. Soaked.
    Now, approaching 3 years in Lowa Tibets. Feet stay dry, they did break in eventually, and I love them.
    x2 on the Lowa's Tibets, I love mine. They have held up better than my Meindls so far.
    KCCO

Have a pair of Elk Trackers, well over ten years old, still going strong.
    Gortex and 800 g insulation, a bit warm for some September strolls but October on they are my go to's.

8 yrs on my elk trackers. They are a good late season whitetail boot. Like wearing a pair of slippers. Would not recommend for rocks a soles and leather are soft.

I have two pairs of elk trackers 200 and 600 gram, thought they were pretty good until i got a pair of lowa's. now the elk trackers feel like mocassins.I have red wings for work and replace them about every 18 months. Buy nice buy once.