Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you Know Why Trappers ( and hunters) Are Being Kept Secret MORE AND MORE?

Re: Do you Know Why Trappers ( and hunters) Are Being Kept Secret MORE AND MORE?

A big reason "Why" happened right here within the last week, and it's our own damn fault. We are our own worst enemies sometimes, and we are all guilty.

Pro Guides Wolf thread - "Morris , Vancouver Island trapper conversation" had HBC frothing at the mouth, looking to lynch the man.

Ever met him? Know who he is? I do, have for 30+ years, and not 1 in 1000 of "US" has done as he for hunters, fishermen & trappers as he has. His treatment on here has revolted me. Made me ill, along with a bunch of other local hard core hunters, fishers, guides (hunting and fishing) and trappers. Not everyone crows on HBC, shouts on Facebook. Not everyone will spill their guts on one phone call.

We need guys like Morris on our side, and on this site we shit all over him, and he's one of US.

Re: Do you Know Why Trappers ( and hunters) Are Being Kept Secret MORE AND MORE?

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Bait View Post
    A big reason "Why" happened right here within the last week, and it's our own damn fault. We are our own worst enemies sometimes, and we are all guilty.

Pro Guides Wolf thread - "Morris , Vancouver Island trapper conversation" had HBC frothing at the mouth, looking to lynch the man.

Ever met him? Know who he is? I do, have for 30+ years, and not 1 in 1000 of "US" has done as he for hunters, fishermen & trappers as he has. His treatment on here has revolted me. Made me ill, along with a bunch of other local hard core hunters, fishers, guides (hunting and fishing) and trappers. Not everyone crows on HBC, shouts on Facebook. Not everyone will spill their guts on one phone call.

We need guys like Morris on our side, and on this site we shit all over him, and he's one of US.
    This has ZERO to do with 'feelings' and EVERYTHING to do with people who CAN make a difference but instead DONT and BLOCK people who care enough to make a difference. There is a SERIOUS problem going on in our back yards,
    There was NOTHING 'made up' and ZERO attack on anyone.
    Someone who CAN make a difference decided NOT TO. And THAT is NO ONES FAULT ON HERE no matter how you try and paint it.
    Snivelling about someone's feelings isn't going to do SHIT to fix this problem. This issue has ZERO room for 'feelings' of any kind.
    So aside from a rant, move forward and share with us your suggestion to FIX OUR PROBLEM ?? Any input ???
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll guarantee you, I have ZERO TIME to cuddle anyone, I seriously don't give 1/2 a F@CK about ANYONES 'feelings'. Emotional issues or personal conflicts with each other should NEVER be able to STOP DEAD a solution to a serious problem.
    Everyone needs to put their big boy pants on and get shit done. If you PREVENT IT, wear it.
    Last edited by proguide66; 02-23-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Bait View Post

Sounds like this Morris is a great guy. I don't know who he is and don't actually know proguide66 either. I only started to become really passionate about hunting in the last few years. It wasn't till my 10 yr old son took his first deer this year and it turned out to be one the greatest experiences of our lives, that really changed things for me. Then the grizzly ban happened shortly after that and now my eyes have been opened wide and Im really worried that my son and maybe one day my grandson arent going to have hunting at all !!! If people like proguide66 aren't supported and we start helping out the best we can as well, I think there is a chance we will keep losing more and more until there is nothing left except maybe duck hunting and that's only if ducks unlimited manages to save .

Anyway I'm sorry to hear your friend had everone frothing at the mouth and wanting to lynch the man as you stated. I didnt take part in that as I didn't actually understand who it was everyone was mad at. However, proguide66 has giving me hope for the future and I can't understand why anyone who is "one of us" as you stated would even think about critizinng anything that he has done. Everything he has done in my opinion is just fantastic !!! I have nothing but gratitude towards Steve for his efforts !!! He is from what I've seen so far an incredible good hunter( been watching his youtube hunts for years) and has been a selfless warrior when it comes to this wolf intiative he started. Keep up the good work Steve !!! I personally really appreciate what you are doing and thank you for your efforts and all the sacrifices you made to get this started.... my son thanks you too !

Short story is this is exactly why we are getting our asses kicked . I am sure the individual in question has worked his can off for us . With the best of intent and objectives . Everyone makes mistakes or has positions we may disagree with, however, He or she is a VOLUNTEER !!! Up against paid professionals ! We as volunteers are not perfect but we try, this shows why we need an organization to step up ( wild sheep, back country etc) and hire paid trained professionals to fight fire with fire . I don’t know of the individual in question, but who in the hell would volunteer to be publicly crucified for free??? We need a new model quickly if we are to ensure our hunting heritage survives!
    Last edited by Asp; 02-24-2018 at 07:12 AM.