Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain jackets

Rain jackets

Need advice. What are you guys using? Mostly going to be hauled around in my pack for elk season. Im not too picky if its camo or not.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rain jackets

I have Kuiu but IMO it’s over priced and over rated.

Try cabelas rain suede , helly Hanson impertech for good priced gear.
    Cant go wrong with Sitka

or any of the backpacking brands l

I use a Snugpak. It has elastic around the wrists and is cut with a hump to fit your pack under. Tear resistant and packs up really small too. I leave it in my pack for every trip.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Cabelas Gore-tex,
    light warm and packable

I use the Sitka downpour. Not the most compact coat made, but keeps you really dry.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Arcteryx Beta LT. I've ran this shell for that last 4 years ski touring, hiking/ camping, rock climbing and urban wear and it's held up great. It's my one and only jacket. It's expensive but you get what you pay for.
    If you don't like the colors it comes in check out Arcteryx LEAF gear, it's their military / LEO division. So you can get stuff in OD green, multicam etc

Running badlands exo rain gear, it's insanely light, quiet as can be and completely water proof from my experiences thus far.. well worth the money, and the warranty is nothing to laugh at either .

Quote Originally Posted by mmckimmi View Post
    Arcteryx Beta LT. I've ran this shell for that last 4 years ski touring, hiking/ camping, rock climbing and urban wear and it's held up great. It's my one and only jacket. It's expensive but you get what you pay for.
    If you don't like the colors it comes in check out Arcteryx LEAF gear, it's their military / LEO division. So you can get stuff in OD green, multicam etc
    If the urban leaf lickers find out of Arctery’s LEAF division the company is doomed!!!
    The social media backlash will be swift and devastating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmckimmi View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. I was leaning towards the arcteryx beta or alpha. I like the hunting gear but i want to use for everyday life too.

I would bypass Arcteryx and go with Westcomb in either Event or Polartec neoshell made in Canada super high quality Athletic fit.Why pay all that cash for a jacket made oversees when Westcomb is just as good and made here.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess