Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain jackets

Re: Rain jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. I was leaning towards the arcteryx beta or alpha. I like the hunting gear but i want to use for everyday life too.

You won't be disappointed!
    Definitely go into a store and try them on and do your research to figure out what's best for you. There's a pretty big difference between the SL/LT and SV/AR jackets in terms of weight and how small they pack down. I find with the right layering I can run my LT year round... I ski in it during the winter and use it in the summer as a rain shell. It's great!

Good luck!

If you're looking at arc'teryx and are in the lower mainland, the outlet stores in North van and has some good deals. It's very hit or miss with stock though.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Running badlands exo rain gear, it's insanely light, quiet as can be and completely water proof from my experiences thus far.. well worth the money, and the warranty is nothing to laugh at either .
    Im going to give the same set a try. Glad to hear a good review. Are they designed to go right over what you're wearing, or do you have to change?
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Try KingsCamo online......I love my raingear from them, and good warranty...I tore my pants last year hauling out a buck quite a distance, sent em a pic, with receipt number etc, and they shipped me a new pair no questions asked...

I bought the Cabelas one last season and used it lots. Packs down very small and has a bit of stretch too, which helps for hiking.

i would buy it again. It's on sale currently too.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/59249...lus?CatId=2487

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    Im going to give the same set a try. Glad to hear a good review. Are they designed to go right over what you're wearing, or do you have to change?
    I use a badlands exo jacket, and pioneer bibs. They work. They replaced the cabelas space rain gear for everyday use. The space rain pants and exo jacket are in my pack on day hunts when it's not supposed to rain, the jacket earned a full fail from me. Went in the garbage. I liked it initially but it quickly lost water resistance.
    I also wear gaiters under the rain pants, and one of those first lite neck gaiters under the hood, to keep that cold/wet synthetic material off my skin.
    The pioneer bibs are made of some mildly stretchy rubberized material, pretty light and more forgiving to move in than the old school rubbers I wear at work.
    I'm 6'2", 165lbs, and a large goes over whatever I'm wearing.
    Last edited by Squamch; 02-21-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Arcteryx is awesome, but it is overpriced, especially considering most of it is not made in Canada anymore. But their jackets get worn by a ton of mountaineers, who spend more hours outside moving dynamically than probably any other consumer segment.
    Alternately try Swazi gear from NZ. Tougher soft material, betterthigh length design (in my opinion) for shedding water, but a little heavier.
    Cheap option is the Helly Hansen rubber jackets. The lightweight version. Comes in green. Great for sitting, horrible for not sweating up while hiking. But if youre moving fast uphill with a pack, any type of raingear will turn into a sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I use a badlands exo jacket, and pioneer bibs. They work. They replaced the cabelas space rain gear for everyday use. The space rain pants and exo jacket are in my pack on day hunts when it's not supposed to rain, the jacket earned a full fail from me. Went in the garbage. I liked it initially but it quickly lost water resistance.
    I also wear gaiters under the rain pants, and one of those first lite neck gaiters under the hood, to keep that cold/wet synthetic material off my skin.
    The pioneer bibs are made of some mildly stretchy rubberized material, pretty light and more forgiving to move in than the old school rubbers I wear at work.
    I'm 6'2", 165lbs, and a large goes over whatever I'm wearing.
    Can you shed more light on the Cabelas space stuff, when it's on sale it seems hard to beat for $70.00 and that Badlands Exo jacket is $300.00 for 100% polyester DWR.......I'm very surprised that for that price it's not Gore or a derivative.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Can you shed more light on the Cabelas space stuff, when it's on sale it seems hard to beat for $70.00 and that Badlands Exo jacket is $300.00 for 100% polyester DWR.......I'm very surprised that for that price it's not Gore or a derivative.
    X 2 on this question if you have any input. I think the Badlands is extremely quiet.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    X 2 on this question if you have any input. I think the Badlands is extremely quiet.
    And with the Cabelas Space stuff having a lifetime guarantee.......I know that guarantee won't help in the field on day 3 of a 5 day hunt but.......
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education