Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spotting scope tripods

Re: Spotting scope tripods

Sirui a1005 with manfrotto befree live pan head.

Thanks to all that took the time to post. This really helps a guy out!

Been following this thread with interest. Whether you are sitting or standing, backpacking or horseback are factors. What would people recommend for a horseback elk hunt? I have a Leupold Ventana 45-60 with an angled eyepiece. Appreciate the input. Hunting in WMU 7-50.
    Last edited by Phila; 02-23-2018 at 09:50 AM.

I had a Promaster 525c but it was a bit short to use standing. I purchased a s l i k 634 from B&H and have been very pleased with it thus far. If you do go this route realize you will need to buy a separate head. Good luck and have fun shopping!

Thanks guys, for all the responses! I pulled the trigger on the Vortex summit SS. I received it in the mail yesterday and my early thoughts are that I made an excellent choice! I am impressed with how small it packs down, how sturdy it is even when fully extended, which by the way it is quite tall. I only have to hunch over a little bit to see through my straight scope while standing (I'm 5'7"). The head swivels nice and smooth when panning from side to side and up and down and then locks down securely.
    I have only used it off my front deck, so I can't speak to how it performs in the field, but I would think that I made a good choice.
    It was on sale for $219 from https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/ out of Toronto. The seem like a good outfit to deal with and have a decent selection of optics.