Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 limited entry draw

Re: 2018 limited entry draw

It's still only February.

The wish book doesn't even come out for months yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Any idea when to start to put in for them not much to put in for anymore 29 years and still have not gotten a moose tag lol
    Took me 21 years to get my first moose draw. I'd like to say I know the feeling but 29 is really bad!

Draw aren't out yet for this year

The season for moose should be completely closed WEST OF THE FRASER RIVER .imo.

Pretty screwed up that for every $32 only $7 goes towards habitat..game..the rest $25 goes towards general revenue..pretty hard to establish grizzly habitat, moose numbers when you use monies contributed by hunters and the vast majority of money needed goes towards general revenue..

Still too early to know results of the fires....plenty of moose east if Fraser river..
    But shut it down for EVERYONE..and they can do it for conservation concerns.
    Doubt they have the balls.
    Srupp

Wow!! 29 years with no moose leh?? That's criminal when you consider how many of those tags go to guides. At least there are still some GOS opportunities for a moose hunt left. For a short while anyway.

One has to wonder where you are putting in for that 21 and 29 years are possible...... i have been hunting 29 years and been drawn lots... but i put in for draws with decen odds

Even if they did have the balls to shut it down for everyone.....certain segments of the population will ignore the moratorium as they know full well, they are immune to prosecution

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Your right 835. High odds hunt are highly difficult to get. I know many folks who put in for medium to high odd hunts and have never got them. But some folks for many legitimate reasons can’t get to low odd hunt locations.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Any idea when to start to put in for them not much to put in for anymore 29 years and still have not gotten a moose tag lol
    Wow 29 years.You are either putting in for the MU that is only a mile from your house? or low numbers of moose with very high odds? Or you are forgetting to mail the card? Or you are the worlds unluckiest moose hunter. After 29 years I suggest a change somewhere. Good luck in year 30.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    The season for moose should be completely closed WEST OF THE FRASER RIVER .imo.

Pretty screwed up that for every $32 only $7 goes towards habitat..game..the rest $25 goes towards general revenue..pretty hard to establish grizzly habitat, moose numbers when you use monies contributed by hunters and the vast majority of money needed goes towards general revenue..

Still too early to know results of the fires....plenty of moose east if Fraser river..
    Srupp
    Still too early to know the results of the fires? You mean the abundance of habitat they created that was so badly needed?
    What is shutting things down going to achieve?
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Still too early to know the results of the fires? You mean the abundance of habitat they created that was so badly needed?
    What is shutting things down going to achieve?
    Well said. We need to fight for what we have left in this province for hunting. Lose it, good luck getting it back. Moose will thrive along with deer in the fire areas.