Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Hybrid View

Cool PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

The BC chapter is working it's way from inception in the East Kootenay across the province. The West Kootenay pint night kicks off with a meet and greet at the Trail Beer Refinery.

Please come out, bring a friend, and have a chat about wild places, public lands and waters and meet some others with similar passions! Meet members of the BC Chapter board.

Memberships will be available as well as some prize raffles for new members!

When: February 21, 2018 - 5:30-7:30 PM

Where: Trail Beer Refinery, 1299 Bay Ave, Trail, BC

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/bc_pint_night_trail

http://https://www.backcountryhunters.org/

https://trailbeerrefinery.ca/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trail Pint Night Media.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	6833  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Happening today! Come out if you can!

See you there, oh and bring money I will be thirsty!
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

That money is super news and great work. Now here's a heads up. I know 110% a board member on the BHA is an anti wolf trapper, has said "I feel that no one needs to shoot a bear"
    do us a favour and ask about this comment from another thread. I think this might be something we need to look into before throwing our support behind this organization

There are several groups that BCBHA is working with to achieve their goals of ensuring that there will be wildlife for us to enjoy, whether it is hunt, view, photogragh, or whatever. There may be "envirementalists". We are, or should all be conservationalists. The guys from the East Kootenays that are driving this are and always have been hard core hunters.
    If you cannot support an organization dedicated to the preservation of our wildland and wildlife for all of us (including hunters) to enjoy and use, then what can you support?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    There are several groups that BCBHA is working with to achieve their goals of ensuring that there will be wildlife for us to enjoy, whether it is hunt, view, photogragh, or whatever. There may be "envirementalists". We are, or should all be conservationalists. The guys from the East Kootenays that are driving this are and always have been hard core hunters.
    If you cannot support an organization dedicated to the preservation of our wildland and wildlife for all of us (including hunters) to enjoy and use, then what can you support?
    You're deflecting.

Is there or is there not a board member that is against killing wolves?
    I already know the answer so I will do everything I can to stop any hunters from joining or donating money to the BCBHA.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    You're deflecting.

I already know the answer so I will do everything I can to stop any hunters from joining or donating money to the BCBHA.
    It take many good people to make a great organization. To say that you are going to try and stop hunters from joining BHA because of one man's stance on one issues is nonsense. What else does this one board member believe in? What else does he stand for?
    Try to keep an open mind.

Attended last night and had a great time. Heard some great stories and had some laughs. If you have to opportunity to attend one of these pint nights I would highly recommend. Regardless your stance on various the various issues with our wildlife management, recognize that there are issues and get INVOLVED with whichever association aligns with your values. Right now the worst thing we can do as a hunting community is sit back and do nothing.

Thanks to everyone who came out last night, awesome turn out and a bunch of new members signed up! Shout out to the boys from the EK who made the trip outm anbd the Trail Beer Refinery who hosted.

More to come soon to ramp up activity in the WK!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    You're deflecting.

Bad apples can be culled. We proved that in the BCWF. To throw the baby out with the bathwater is just stupid. Changes are best facilitated from within.