Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
I am not here to deride any real attempt to help our wildlife. I offended some and I apologize. I agree with brownmancheng.
I am a member of the BCWF. I don't agree with everything they do, and I don't agree with the stuff they DON'T do.
I am greatful for all those efforts that have a positive effect on wildlife.
There is a void in this province. There is no one organization that is political, and represents hunting and conservation in its purist sense.
Its unfortunate. I hope one day an organization that will be political, stand up for the rights of hunters, All Hunters, and will promote and persue wildlife conservation based on science, not emotion. An organization that will post it's Mission Statement, and stick with it. There is no room in such an organisation for anyone not willing to abide science and proper conservation, tied to hunters rights.
Are you at all aware of the Kootenay Wildlife Coalition (KWC)? This is a coalition of EKWA/BCWF, BC Trappers, SE Guides, United Bowhunters BC (UBBC), EK Big Game, Wildsight and BC BHA, that have come together with the purpose of working together, trusting each other, setting aside difference with the intent of lobbying Government for more attention to Wildlife. For action. Sounds like what you are looking for. This group has delivered statements and expectations to the Minister, held local round table and town hall meetings, has met with local MLA's, FN, and operational FLNROD staff. The objective is to bring the various voices into a single plan of action. There has been a lot of progress made by this group. Think about it... differing opinions, 'respectfully' coming together, for a single objective.