Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Re: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Thanks to everyone who came out last night, awesome turn out and a bunch of new members signed up! Shout out to the boys from the EK who made the trip outm anbd the Trail Beer Refinery who hosted.

More to come soon to ramp up activity in the WK!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Any organization should post Exactly what they will stand for, no ambiguity. Before I go to such an event I want to know if they will support back country access for me and my UTV. Do they support the North American Conservation Model? Is this organization some of the same group that put out the Whitetail ads earlier? There are a lot of selfish, ignorant, folks in the kootenays that want to keep others out, and its all about the antlers. If this organization has a wolf lover on their board, then I don't want any part of it. I am with Texas Walker. If you want broad support then you have to support a broad range of hunters.
    Any board member should have to sign a memorandum supporting a wolf cull, proper wildlife management. If they won't. they aren't worth pigeon shit.
    Listen to this podcast:
    http://www.themeateater.com/podcasts/podcastepisode022/

Well Texaswalker and Island Idiot, I guess the right thing to do is to sit back and pass judgement without knowing. Isn't that what we always accuse the Anti's of doing? You don't know. You simply don't. Every organization is made up of people, and just like this site here, while not everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone has their own unique perspective. Until you get involved and participate in the discussion you simply don't know. Your statements are simply unintelligent blather that really don't contribute. If anything they are mis directed and negatively impact the positive direction that so many are working towards.

If you have mis information and you feel strongly in your judgement, don't join up. That's your choice. Others will do the work for wildlife if you aren't there. Obviously that's happening now. Your not there, and work is being done.

1) I know of at least one member (not a director) that would prefer no grizzly hunting and has reservations about a wolf cull. It doesn't change who the organization is. At least his perspective and opinions are respected.
    2) Yes, the organization supports sound science-supported wildlife management based on the North American Conservation model.
    3) No, the BC BHA has nothing to do with the 'nomorewhitetaildoes.com" group. Nothing.
    4) If you think the people of the Kootenay are selfish, try shopping for Groceries in Richmond. What kind of a statement is that? Simply a stupid one that reflects your nic name I guess.
    5)I'm a wolf lover. I think their a beautiful animal and they do have a place in our wild places. Doesn't mean I don't shoot them, or support a cull.

And frankly, while I'm not a board member, I'm worth a substantial amount more than pigeon shit. I'm offended by the ridiculous comment. These are people who give tirelessly of their time. Walking the land, attending meetings, working on habitat projects.

The BC BHA is very active in participating in the process of defining a new wildlife management and governance model. If you don't know the quality of the people involved in this relatively new organization, you are the ones on the outside and have very little idea about what is really going on right now, in BC, with respect to wildlife and habitat.

Kootenai hunter and JT,

Sorry if my post offended you. Wasn't meant to, just expressing myself. I have always been looking for an organization that represents hunters, based in science and following a proper conservation model. No exceptions, no emotions, no crap, " I don't want to shoot Grizzly Bears" is an emotional statement. If the science call for a harvest, then a harvest is what is needed. There is no room for emotion.

Thanks for clarifying for me about your organization. It's not for me.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Soemthing to keep in mind is that we should be all wokring towards the same goals:

Better Wildlife Habitat - land healthly for animals is healthy for us
    Thriving Wildlife Populations
    Ample hiunting and fishing opportunities

Any group that is working towards these goals in whatever capacity they can is a good thing and it's only additive to the solution. If you think it's a wolf problem, but all means, kill as many wolves as you can, but it doesn't mean that others supporting other projects are wrong. There is no silver bullet to this problem and it will take many hands to turn things around. Remember, active hunters only represent approxaimtely 2% of the population in BC, 2%!!! The more hands we can get to work towards solutions, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Sorry if my post offended you. Wasn't meant to, just expressing myself.
    Sometimes it's how the question is asked, not the question itself. Asking out of genuine curiosity goes a long way over forming an opinion and asking a loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaihunter View Post
    Soemthing to keep in mind is that we should be all wokring towards the same goals:

Better Wildlife Habitat - land healthly for animals is healthy for us
    Thriving Wildlife Populations
    Ample hiunting and fishing opportunities

Any group that is working towards these goals in whatever capacity they can is a good thing and it's only additive to the solution. If you think it's a wolf problem, but all means, kill as many wolves as you can, but it doesn't mean that others supporting other projects are wrong. There is no silver bullet to this problem and it will take many hands to turn things around. Remember, active hunters only represent approxaimtely 2% of the population in BC, 2%!!! The more hands we can get to work towards solutions, the better!
    Thank you for the voice of reason.

The idea that any member or board-member that disagrees with your opinion must be lynched, or that the organization is no longer valid, is bogus. In the real world, this mentality is known as fascism.

And I should be quick to add, I'm not singling you out Island Idiot -you're free to join any group that aligns with your beliefs the best, however the BHA, the BCWF, and individual members of this forum and the public are being dragged through the dirt in other threads, using a lot the same rhetoric.
    Last edited by Ryo; 02-22-2018 at 09:29 AM.

You guys are overstepping here. I think the question if a board member (you know the people that steer the organization) is pro wolf/bear/pred hunting is a very valid one. comparing it to facism? what a reach.

I'm not deriding the organization or the conservation efforts it does. But the leaders/board members are the figure heads and it's not a leap to suggest their values align with an organization.

If you have a person in a position of power in a organization publicly share those beliefs it can paint every member with that brush and carry a lot of weight with general public.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    You guys are overstepping here. I think the question if a board member (you know the people that steer the organization) is pro wolf/bear/pred hunting is a very valid one. comparing it to facism? what a reach.

I'm not deriding the organization or the conservation efforts it does. But the leaders/board members are the figure heads and it's not a leap to suggest their values align with an organization.

If you have a person in a position of power in a organization publicly share those beliefs it can paint every member with that brush and carry a lot of weight with general public.
    If the organization was called Wolf Hunters United, sure. But it's not. It represents multiple interests, and thus is obviously going to contain differing points of view. If this person was declaring themselves not a board member, but Fearless Leader on a Crusade of saving ungulates through ONLY XYZ , I'd have reservations. But again, it's not.
    Last edited by Ryo; 02-22-2018 at 09:43 AM.

I am not here to deride any real attempt to help our wildlife. I offended some and I apologize. I agree with brownmancheng.
    I am a member of the BCWF. I don't agree with everything they do, and I don't agree with the stuff they DON'T do.
    I am greatful for all those efforts that have a positive effect on wildlife.
    There is a void in this province. There is no one organization that is political, and represents hunting and conservation in its purist sense.
    Its unfortunate. I hope one day an organization that will be political, stand up for the rights of hunters, All Hunters, and will promote and persue wildlife conservation based on science, not emotion. An organization that will post it's Mission Statement, and stick with it. There is no room in such an organisation for anyone not willing to abide science and proper conservation, tied to hunters rights.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter