Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Cool PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

The BC chapter is working it's way from inception in the East Kootenay across the province. The West Kootenay pint night kicks off with a meet and greet at the Trail Beer Refinery.

Please come out, bring a friend, and have a chat about wild places, public lands and waters and meet some others with similar passions! Meet members of the BC Chapter board.

Memberships will be available as well as some prize raffles for new members!

When: February 21, 2018 - 5:30-7:30 PM

Where: Trail Beer Refinery, 1299 Bay Ave, Trail, BC

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/bc_pint_night_trail

http://https://www.backcountryhunters.org/

https://trailbeerrefinery.ca/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trail Pint Night Media.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	6833  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PINT NIGHT - BC Backcountry Hunters & Anglers - Trail, BC - February 21

Happening today! Come out if you can!

See you there, oh and bring money I will be thirsty!
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

That money is super news and great work. Now here's a heads up. I know 110% a board member on the BHA is an anti wolf trapper, has said "I feel that no one needs to shoot a bear"
    do us a favour and ask about this comment from another thread. I think this might be something we need to look into before throwing our support behind this organization

There are several groups that BCBHA is working with to achieve their goals of ensuring that there will be wildlife for us to enjoy, whether it is hunt, view, photogragh, or whatever. There may be "envirementalists". We are, or should all be conservationalists. The guys from the East Kootenays that are driving this are and always have been hard core hunters.
    If you cannot support an organization dedicated to the preservation of our wildland and wildlife for all of us (including hunters) to enjoy and use, then what can you support?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    There are several groups that BCBHA is working with to achieve their goals of ensuring that there will be wildlife for us to enjoy, whether it is hunt, view, photogragh, or whatever. There may be "envirementalists". We are, or should all be conservationalists. The guys from the East Kootenays that are driving this are and always have been hard core hunters.
    If you cannot support an organization dedicated to the preservation of our wildland and wildlife for all of us (including hunters) to enjoy and use, then what can you support?
    You're deflecting.

Is there or is there not a board member that is against killing wolves?
    I already know the answer so I will do everything I can to stop any hunters from joining or donating money to the BCBHA.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    You're deflecting.

Is there or is there not a board member that is against killing wolves?
    I already know the answer so I will do everything I can to stop any hunters from joining or donating money to the BCBHA.
    It take many good people to make a great organization. To say that you are going to try and stop hunters from joining BHA because of one man's stance on one issues is nonsense. What else does this one board member believe in? What else does he stand for?
    Try to keep an open mind.

Any organization should post Exactly what they will stand for, no ambiguity. Before I go to such an event I want to know if they will support back country access for me and my UTV.
    Do they support the North American Conservation Model?
    Is this organization some of the same group that put out the Whitetail ads earlier? There are a lot of selfish, ignorant, folks in the kootenays that want to keep others out, and its all about the antlers.
    If this organization has a wolf lover on their board, then I don't want any part of it. I am with Texas Walker.
    If you want broad support then you have to support a broad range of hunters.
    Any board member should have to sign a memorandum supporting a wolf cull, proper wildlife management. If they won't. they aren't worth pigeon shit.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Attended last night and had a great time. Heard some great stories and had some laughs. If you have to opportunity to attend one of these pint nights I would highly recommend. Regardless your stance on various the various issues with our wildlife management, recognize that there are issues and get INVOLVED with whichever association aligns with your values. Right now the worst thing we can do as a hunting community is sit back and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Any organization should post Exactly what they will stand for, no ambiguity. Before I go to such an event I want to know if they will support back country access for me and my UTV.
    Do they support the North American Conservation Model?
    Is this organization some of the same group that put out the Whitetail ads earlier? There are a lot of selfish, ignorant, folks in the kootenays that want to keep others out, and its all about the antlers.
    If this organization has a wolf lover on their board, then I don't want any part of it. I am with Texas Walker.
    If you want broad support then you have to support a broad range of hunters.
    Any board member should have to sign a memorandum supporting a wolf cull, proper wildlife management. If they won't. they aren't worth pigeon shit.
    Whitetail ads are from a group in Creston, not BHA.

BHA is in full support fo the North Amercian Conservation Model.

BHA supports managed access and public access to public lands. Does this mean motorized access to every square inch of crown land, probably not, as that is not proper management. it's about balance. It's primarily about protecting the wild lands we have left and striking a balance to get the best wildlife and hunting/angling opportunities.

Whether or not a particular member, board or not, is for or against wolf killing is never discussed, and it is not a board-member driven group, it's not a bunch of members blindly following a fearless leader. They support scienced based management and do not govern on particular personal views or emotional agendas.

But hey, if do or do not want to join, it's up to you, but please keep facts facts and don't spread mis-information about groups you're not informed about.

Plenty of information on the website.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/
    Last edited by kootenaihunter; 02-22-2018 at 08:33 AM.