Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hunter in Vancouver - Planning 2 - 5 day hunts in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc.

New Hunter in Vancouver - Planning 2 - 5 day hunts in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc.

Hey,

I'm a new hunter. Just got all my gear, and have gone out on a few winter multi-day camping excursions to get ready for the hunting season.

I have 3 hunts planned in Squamish, Chilliwack, Callghan Lake and North Vancouver. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Hunter in Vancouver - Planning 2 - 5 day hunts in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc.

What are you hunting and when are you going?

Re: New Hunter in Vancouver - Planning 2 - 5 day hunts in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc.

North Vancouver??

Quote Originally Posted by juljacques View Post
    Hey,

I'm a new hunter. Just got all my gear, and have gone out on a few winter multi-day camping excursions to get ready for the hunting season.

I have 3 hunts planned in Squamish, Chilliwack, Callghan Lake and North Vancouver. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.

Welcome to the addiction! Lots of great info on HBC.

As a new hunter myself, I think you are more likely to see game and have success (which may take a few years) heading further east. Think about spending a few multi-day hunting trips at least out past Merritt/Kamloops/Okanagon etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    What are you hunting and when are you going?
    I'm planning on going opening season in Chilliwack. April 20th leaving Friday and coming back Sunday for deer. I'd have access to a truck and can bring up a few people from Vancouver.

I'm planning on going opening season in Chilliwack. April 20th leaving Friday and coming back Sunday for deer. I'd have access to a truck and can bring up a few people from Vancouver.
    Deer hunting in April hey? Have you read the hunting regs at all?

As a new hunter, the BC regs are something you really want to study and know very well. Deer season is Sept-Dec in most regions. I’m not sure if you actually meant to write “bear” instead of deer?

Yes pay attention to the regs. Don't want to end up in the penalty box.

Highly recommended the hunter buddy app.

that sad spring deer should have very little fat and should happliy be found eating the new grass on the edge of any road after snow melt...at lower elevations...makes for some easy shot opurtunities before they start fawning.

Hands down most suspicious first post.