Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting bc screenshot worth seeing (wolf related)

Re: Hunting bc screenshot worth seeing (wolf related)

Well I am glad to see the BC deer protection society finally found a BC resident to be its President up to recently it was Liz White a professional animal rights protester based in Toronto.

Unfortunately she shared it on Facebook and got quite a lot of attention. If you search Steve's name now the results are full of antis sharing it and saying crazy things. I messaged the woman and of course she ignored it.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I wrote a response but it hasnt been posted or approved ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Posted a comment. Wonder if they will allow it. I think it's unlikely as is doesn't fit their rhetoric
    I posted a few comments..been waiting moderation for a couple days. But they have allowed new comments which are negative towards Steve. So clearly they have no interest in counter views. Responding made me feel better for a few mins but in reality antagonizing them will never bring them over.

I also commented in a calm and factual manner with no moderators approval. It’s been screenshotted. I’m composing an email to her currently informing her that since she’s not interested in credible journalism let alone healthy exchanges of facts and opinion that possibly my wife who works for Global news and my best friend who is an on air reporter at CBC Vancouver might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway View Post
    I also commented in a calm and factual manner with no moderators approval. It’s been screenshotted. I’m composing an email to her currently informing her that since she’s not interested in credible journalism let alone healthy exchanges of facts and opinion that possibly my wife who works for Global news and my best friend who is an on air reporter at CBC Vancouver might be.
    Good on you. I hope they can help us!
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

If anyone could screenshot their unapproved comments and send them my way I think that would give some weight towards it going somewhere.

Here was my comment. Probably doesn't hold much weight but I had to try...

Unfortunately you all are overlooking the fact that the writer of this article is the president of the B.C. Deer Protection Society. Wolves are a major predator of deer!
    Over the last ten years I have had 6 fawns born in my urban yard. The reason these deer are hiding in my yard is, it is the safest spot for them to hide out while they try to eek out an existence.
    Deer are not afraid of us, even though they know we will eat them given the chance.
    They are hiding out in our urban environments to avoid the real predators, Wolves.
    Look at the problems cities are having with urban deer and elk, they are literally a pest in most small towns now.
    You have to watch out for your children and pets when going out for a walk around town.
    They are NOT AFRAID of you! They will attack you if you get too close to their young.
    They know they are safer from us than they are in the forest where the real predators are.
    The recent grizzly hunt ban, and the current save the wolves campaign are misguided.
    These predators are a real threat not only to our ungulate population but to our world at large.
    Little Red Riding Hood, while a popular children's story, is based in fact. We have just not had to worry about wolves as the population has been kept low for quite some time.
    Wolf populations are growing at an exponential rate. It's just a matter of time before this becomes evident. Human interactions are becoming more prevalent. I've seen collared wolves in urban areas chasing elk herds into urban areas, thru golf courses and school grounds.
    Banff, and Jasper, real protected areas, where hunting is not allowed, have an urban elk problems. Once again they are hiding our from the real predators, wolves. You might say that the elk are just not scared of humans because they are not hunted in the national park, but this is not the case. They are hiding from the real predator!
    I've spent most of my life living and working in the woods in British Columbia and Alberta, I've worked in the Kootenay, Waterton, and Banff national parks. There are areas where ungulates have been totally decimated, not by humans. Areas where there was once huge populations of elk and deer, where now all you see is wolf tracks.

We have let our emotions get in the way of real science. It happens all the time. We are emotional creatures.
    WOLVES ARE NOT!

He is raising funds for snares, leghold traps,
    The trouble with snares and traps is they are not very selective.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    The trouble with snares and traps is they are not very selective.
    Set correctly they can be a lot more selective then most realize

A lot more to it then hanging cable and tossing out steel