Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pint Night for BC Backcountry Hunters and Anglers This THURSDAY

Re: Pint Night for BC Backcountry Hunters and Anglers This THURSDAY

BCH Pint Night on the 21st at the Trail Refinery Brewery, unless the venue changed 'cause it may be too small. Anyone interested or with any questions should come. That's the reason I'm going.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    BCH Pint Night on the 21st at the Trail Refinery Brewery, unless the venue changed 'cause it may be too small. Anyone interested or with any questions should come. That's the reason I'm going.
    I wish I could. It's a bit too far from Golden for me to make it. I'd like to hear what was discussed at the meeting, though. If you can to share.

The boys in the EK are currently working on a strategy to connect all the regions - video links for board meetings? Google meet up for the regional chair people? Are all ideas being kicked around. It's a bit unclear right now, but we should have it sorted soon.

Pint Night for Region 2 is tonight - if you have any questions (about ORV - or anything else), curious or interested in membership come on out. I'll post on our regular pint night here when we figure out the night and the venue - as well as our monthly meeting. We have a member who's connected with the Burnaby Rugby club so we're looking into their social room as a venue.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Can you elaborate more on what you mean by many other factors that are influenced by various Gov policies, which become barriers to sound wildlife management.
    Thanks
    Please take this comment with caution. While I am a member, I do not formally speak for the organization. The focus is wildlife management and land use. Not regulations. Working with forest licencees, and ecosystem biologists, it becomes obvious there are industrial initiatives which dictate what occurs on the land. Forest management supersedes wildlife. So is there an opportunity for some adjustments? Other identified barriers, GAR Section 2, Forestry appraisal system, Forest industry best practices don't always align to habitat needs, stocking standards and hazard abatement are among some of the items, which if reviewed, might be adjusted to better support wildlife.

I’m going to try my best to make it that way tonight but I’m not banking on it. If you could keep us posted via this board regarding upcoming meet ups that be awesome. And since I probably won’t get to ask tonight are Canadians eligible for the Kimber Lifetime membership packages?

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Please take this comment with caution. While I am a member, I do not formally speak for the organization. The focus is wildlife management and land use. Not regulations. Working with forest licencees, and ecosystem biologists, it becomes obvious there are industrial initiatives which dictate what occurs on the land. Forest management supersedes wildlife. So is there an opportunity for some adjustments? Other identified barriers, GAR Section 2, Forestry appraisal system, Forest industry best practices don't always align to habitat needs, stocking standards and hazard abatement are among some of the items, which if reviewed, might be adjusted to better support wildlife.
    Thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway View Post
    I’m going to try my best to make it that way tonight but I’m not banking on it. If you could keep us posted via this board regarding upcoming meet ups that be awesome. And since I probably won’t get to ask tonight are Canadians eligible for the Kimber Lifetime membership packages?
    Hey Throwaway - I'll keep updating the board as we move along. I'll find out about the Kimber package and PM you.

M

See you there Brez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    See you there Brez.
    I believe it's my turn to buy.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Sounds like a plan! It'll be good to catch up.