Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on binoculars 500$ or less.

Opinion on binoculars 500$ or less.

Title says it all lol 500$ or less what’s your opinion on what to look at 1st.

Thanks for your time.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Opinion on binoculars 500$ or less.

Vortex diamondbacks.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Vortex diamondbacks.
    I’ve heard these are decent. If a person can go up to $620 with their budget, the viper HD 10x42 goes on sale periodically.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

If you'd like a pair of semi compacts check out Sightron's Sll Blue Sky 8X32. I wanted a pair of handy, compact binos to toss in the truck, take backpacking, traveling, etc. I read some reviews and decided to pick up a pair of these Sightrons. I found a Black Friday sale on-line and ended up with a pair for $190.00 CDN. If they get trashed or lost, it won't be the end of the world.

Well, I took them south with me on a recent trip to Arizona and man are these things impressive for the money spent. Phase coated Bak 4 prisms, fit and finish are excellent, focus is nice and tight with an excellent focus ratio. Glass is crisp and clear. I have nothing bad to say about this glass, an outstanding value at right around $200.00.

Zeiss Classics in 10x40 B/gat with the TP glass... if you can find a pair..... they will last you the rest of your hunting life... no longer made but built good.... they do surface once in a while .

In that price range I would go for Bushnell Elite 10x42. They might be a touch over $500 but they are very good.

I have vortex diamondback and while they are cheaper than $500 they are also marginally worse than the Elite.

Very good binos for $500-ish

I had Diamondbacks but now have Nikon Monarch 5s. Definitely and upgrade for a little more money. I think have been on sale recently for $400

Have to agree with the Nikons. I like tgeir glass for the price and there warranty is supposed to be thecsame as Vortex, only takes longer. Though my last pair were Leupolds Mojave out of the states.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

The Maven C1 is a bino to consider. Mail order only from a company in WY. The pair I looked at at the WSF show in Reno was very good for the cost....$325 US with the show discount. I did not need binos but always enjoy looking. Good luck with your choice.

Maven C1 without a doubt. Many reviews have them equal or better than the Vortex Razors. Same warranty as Vortex, fyi.