Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best $300 Scope

Re: Best $300 Scope

look into bushnell engage models

Buy a good used scope on here or CGN. I would also second the recommndation to consider precision optics, I just got a good price and great service from them on a scope.

Scopes are like binoculars, if you spend much time looking through them it' likely any scope you buy in the 300 dollar range (new) is probably not going to keep you happy.

If you were happy with a 50 dollar scope, don' sell yourself short thinking that a 300 dollar new scope is all you need, as you will be ecstatic with a higher quality scope and at that price you just start to get into decent glass. My point is spend your 300 bucks but try to do better than any of the scopes you listed.

Used vx-2 can be had for $300 if you're patient, I paid 325 for mine quite a few years ago and haven't had a need to uparade

Brad

check bushnell "engage"

I looked at many different scopes in that range and went with a bushnell 3200. It's been great.

The Leopold vx1 is one sale (100 off) for just over 300 at precision optics right now. That would not be a bad choice.

Is Redfield still going? Those revolutions were decent at a good price point. If you’re looking for new, the VX1 is probably your best bet. Or as suggested, shop for used and hold out for a VXII. I’ve had a Bausch and Lomb 4200 2.5x10x40 on an old 30-06 for over 20 years. No problems yet, fired many hundreds of rounds.

If the 30 days of Bushnell was still on, I`d say one of the ones you`re getting 30% off on.

Recently I picked up a Monarch 3 on sale for $399. Bit more than your budget, but I`ve put about 4 boxes of 308 through with it on and it`s been great.

Having said that, the Leupold goldring (exact model escapes me now) I got in the early 90`s for my 300WM has only been adjusted twice in 25+ years and been rock solid, though I don`t shoot that gun more than a few times a year.

Good luck!

Weird, I have 2 vortex diamondbacks on 2 different rifles that get shit kicked. Most would be absolutely appalled by the condition and treatment of my guns and gear. I'm not one to buy fancy stuff and go out of my way to take care not to bump or scratch it. I buy them to use as a tool and basically give zero fuqs. I don't have time to waste pussy footing around.

Those scopes are holding perfect zeros despite hundreds of rounds, being ripped off my back while motorcycling via low hanging branches, sling latches snagging branches while snow mobiling, crashes, roll overs, being lent out to friends, ran over by atv's, being strapped to the rack of an arc that lost its brakes and cartwheeled off an embankment for 150meters. (Not my atv but my gun)

I take great comfort in knowing the chances are the only thing that's likely to be damaged is the scope, which would be repaired or replaced at no cost anyways.

Meanwhile i I have a $1400 Bushell with a bent tube that collects dust.

After 50 years of hunting/shooting using leupold, bushnell, trijicon, zeiss, firefield, sightmark etc I have had to return 1 leupold scope and 1 firefield scope. Both scopes were repaired or replaced. Optics are like stereo systems, there is always a better one out there, its a sickness.The "cheap Chinese" stuff I have experienced is not all that bad. Buying used is a good plan.