Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best $300 Scope

Re: Best $300 Scope

Best $300 scope is a more expensive scope you can find on sale or used. You get what you pay for in glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Weird, I have 2 vortex diamondbacks on 2 different rifles that get shit kicked. Most would be absolutely appalled by the condition and treatment of my guns and gear. I'm not one to buy fancy stuff and go out of my way to take care not to bump or scratch it. I buy them to use as a tool and basically give zero fuqs. I don't have time to waste pussy footing around.

Those scopes are holding perfect zeros despite hundreds of rounds, being ripped off my back while motorcycling via low hanging branches, sling latches snagging branches while snow mobiling, crashes, roll overs, being lent out to friends, ran over by atv's, being strapped to the rack of an arc that lost its brakes and cartwheeled off an embankment for 150meters. (Not my atv but my gun)

I take great comfort in knowing the chances are the only thing that's likely to be damaged is the scope, which would be repaired or replaced at no cost anyways.

Meanwhile i I have a $1400 Bushell with a bent tube that collects dust.
    Send it in for repair, it's 10x the scope any vortex ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Meanwhile i I have a $1400 Bushell with a bent tube that collects dust.
    As the ad says "Yep, that's covered"
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Bushnell Elite 3500, rainguard coating and the glass IMHO is the same as my VX-2, can be had on sale between $200-$299.

I can only vouch for the bushnell elite tactical fixed 10x40. Held up to the 338 Lapua no probkem, tracking is not 100% but not bad for $300 off the shelf. Decent clarity and low light transmission as well, but being fixed 10x not an ideal close encounter hunting scope...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I'd be looking into the new leupold freedom, $279 msrp? It's replacing the vx1/2.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    As the ad says "Yep, that's covered"
    By collects dust, I don't mean internally. I rarely use that rifle. The scope still works fine. This is due to dropping it. Covered?

Anyone know anything about the Sig Sauer scopes. They can be had for a fairly good price. Been thinking about one for myself.