Thread: Are you sure you want to leave?

Are you sure you want to leave?

I keep getting the "Are you sure you want to leave" message when I am navigating threads. It's not a big issue but I only run into it on this forum. Is there a way to turn it off?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Are you sure you want to leave?

Tried a lot of ways but they don't work after you leave the forum, bloody annoying to say the least and it only started a while ago, Maybe Gates has an answer????

Thought this was a thread about leaving country.

I X it out the first time it comes up---- then check the box the next time and that eliminates it for the rest of the visit to this site. will come back next visit though.

Yes we can do that but why the hell did it show up in the first place, as I said friggin annoying???

I have never seen this message you speak of. In fact I never see any Ads on this forum. Since installing Ad Blocker Plus a couple years ago. I see very few if any Ads or message boxes on any forums or sites. With the exception of a couple of news channels that ask me nicely to turn it off or if I could add them to my White list.

I have the same problem on one [new] computer. Some of the time I get this message when I hit the back button. It doesn't happen with every message I'm reading. I've trying clearing my cookies and cache. My other two computers have no issues.

I'm using Firefox version 65.0.2 (64 bit) and Windows 7 Pro, service pack 1.

I should try it with Chrome and see what happens.

If you start to reply to a post and then don't and click to go to a different place... you will get a pop up asking if you are sure you want to leave... that's just in case you have written a lot of text and if you leave the page that text will be gone...

Last edited by guntech; 04-08-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Yes, Guntech is correct.

Sometimes it happens when you hit BACK too.

I don't know why it happens or if you can turn it off, the tech aspect of HBC is not something I know much about.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!