Thread: Infor wanted on Caribou Hunting in the Dease Lake, Cassiwr area for a handicap hunter

Infor wanted on Caribou Hunting in the Dease Lake, Cassiwr area for a handicap hunter

I have a friend who is handicap and can not walk very far and wants to use his ATV to go caribou hunting. He was wondering if there was any good caribou areas with trails that go to the alpine that he could get a caribou. He wants to go Aug 15 and wanted to go to the Dease lake or Cassier area. I would greatly apprechiate any info.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Infor wanted on Caribou Hunting in the Dease Lake, Cassiwr area for a handicap hu

A bunch of the plateau areas are closed to atvs and there are not really any trails (yet). I know that the outfitter in Jennings used to offer a caribou hunt off the lake if he wants to fly in.

Re: Infor wanted on Caribou Hunting in the Dease Lake, Cassiwr area for a handicap hu

Hmm Jennings lake..hmm pretty hard access to bou.
    Moose are easy there..
    Steven

Ran into a guy when we flew back to Dease after our sheep hunt two years ago, he had a massive bou on his quad. Said he wasn't more than 20-30 minutes south of town. He had run out of gas and his buddy brought him some, while filling his quad he dropped the gas and grabbed his rifle, it was watching him fill his quad. Just what he told me, I know nothing else other than there are some in the area.