Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bush Buggy- Tracker (Vitata) or even a Kia Sportage?

Re: Bush Buggy- Tracker (Vitata) or even a Kia Sportage?

I had a first generation ( 2000 Kia Sportage ) . Kia was a very capable 4x4 . I had the 2 inch suspension lift and the 3 inch body lift . It could go anywhere . Sadly sold it when it had close to 300K on the odometer . The 2.0 litre engine was a little on the under powered side at times .

I've owned a few older body style 2 door tracker/sidekicks, two 8 valves and one 16 valve, as well as a few 99+ tracker/vitaras in both 2.0 and 2.5 engines. In the older body style the 16 valves make more power but neither are a race car, in the 99+ body styles even the smaller 2.0 4cyl is a huge step up in power from the older 1.6's, the 2.5 is the better option though. I only look for the new body style 4 door ones for myself now, more comfortable roomier interiors, lock-up TC's with OD auto transmissions, most came with factory power options not common in the older style, factory roof racks, typically in better shape, more power. In my opinion they have virtually no downsides, besides marginally worse fuel milage. The biggest difference in the chassis, is rack and pinion steering, and a slightly better rear suspension design.

I usually just run them stock with a set of 29-30" AT's or duratracs and they will go pretty much anywhere I want them to. I don't wheel hard, I pound logging roads and minor 4x4 trails to fishing lakes and hunting spots while my truck and camper stay parked.

All of them are going up in value it seems, but good deals can still be found if your patient. The benefit of both platforms is the ability to flat tow them, no trailer needed. The t-case is self lubricating while being driven from the output shaft, not all 4x4's are designed this way, so if your looking to flat tow something behind your truck your options aren't endless.

Any guys run the jeep ,liberty they have 3 lt engine