Thread: Wild Sheep foundation dinner Dawson Creek

Wild Sheep foundation dinner Dawson Creek

I attended the second annual Wild Sheep Foundation Dinner and fundraiser in Dawson Creek last weekend. For those that have never been, I would encourage you to go and learn at these events. There was three hours of speaking before the dinner, biologists, and an executive on the Wild Sheep Foundation board from Montana. The dinner was great, lots of money was raised. I was a few numbers off from winning the Dall Sheep hunt raffle.

But the thing I came out of the evening with was such an appreciation for how diverse the sheep population is, the only place in North America to have 4 different kinds of sheep. Definitely a fun evening, made some new friends and dinner was fantastic. Kamloops Wild Sheep foundation dinner is March 9 and 10 at the Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Center.

wildsheepsociety.com

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wild Sheep foundation dinner Dawson Creek

Too bad. I was working anyways but I didn't even know it was going on or would have requested a night off! Maybe next year

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Right on good to here TPT, I have to agree as three years back I was encouraged by Dave "BigBore" Marsh (RIP buddy) to attend the Kamloops Convention and had a riot, met lots of great people and dedicated hunters, a great dinner, won some prizes but more than that learned a lot about how much the WSS of BC does for Wild Sheep in BC,

I also took in the caping seminar put on by HBCs Ken "Wild Images" Tibadeau of Wild Image Taxidermy, who is also a very dedicated sheep hunter and really knows his stuff, very informative class, can't thank Ken enough for all his time donated to the WSS of BC

Last year they had Clay Lancaster do the aging seminar and he does a brilliant aging class, comical with getting the point across, if anyone is interested in Hunting Sheep you need to see this guys aging class, so informative !

Between Ken, Clay and then a BC biologist comes in and goes over how Rams are measured when inspected in BC you learn a ton of stuff about Sheep and Sheep Hunting.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Mstromg View Post
    Too bad. I was working anyways but I didn't even know it was going on or would have requested a night off! Maybe next year
    You NEED 2 days Friday and Sat to get the most out of it ! jmo RJ

I’m really looking forward to the Kamloops show. Maybe next year I’ll fly up and do the northern show
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I’m really looking forward to the Kamloops show. Maybe next year I’ll fly up and do the northern show
    Thats an awesome idea Barry, Ill see if I have the time off maybe we can fly up together......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Sounds like it was a great success. For anyone who's .
    attended the main fundraiser, you'll know about the donated wolf hide that it auctioned off. Once the bidder has won, it gets donated back multiple times.
    Well, at the recent northern fundraiser, the tanned wolf hide raised $30k! Outstanding!! The northern guys sure are good at raising some funds!

Well done to all those involved as well as the supporters!

Looking forward to Kamloops in a month's time.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

iirc A large portion of the wolf hide sale and re-sales goes back to the BCTrappers for their Ungulate Enhancement Program
    One day will have to ask Brian D. about how that is going
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Glad you guys enjoyed the 'Northern'! We should have been up there long ago. Special thanx to the northern boys who do 90% of the work getting it all set up. Wasn't sure we'd make it this year when the plane almost touched down and then hauled us back to PG. Arrived the next day with 3 hours till showtime and most everything was set up for us. Thank you! We'll be spending large again the North.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life