Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spear hunting

Re: Spear hunting

All depends on who you are and how you are presented (or present yourself) in the media.

Has nothing to do with how, or what you are hunting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...hale-1.4285948

Well as I am apparently an anti, this probably won't mean much to certain individuals but my thoughts on the subject are this. I support everyone's right to hunt legally but I also have to ask how far do we let "primitive weapons" go. I mean early man used to use spiked pits, and stone their prey to death. I can see how spear hunting may be distasteful to the public and maybe even some hunters. There comes a point when the "violence" gets to be to much. All I m saying is that some forums of "killing" may be just to far off the chain to do hunters/hunting in general any good. There comes a time when we as hunters must also be politicians for the good of the sport, it may be distasteful but the way things go is we must take as much distastefulness out of our sport as possible or arguing about it will be a moot point because there will be nothing to argue about any more.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Well as I am apparently an anti, this probably won't mean much to certain individuals but my thoughts on the subject are this. I support everyone's right to hunt legally but I also have to ask how far do we let "primitive weapons" go. I mean early man used to use spiked pits, and stone their prey to death. I can see how spear hunting may be distasteful to the public and maybe even some hunters. There comes a point when the "violence" gets to be to much. All I m saying is that some forums of "killing" may be just to far off the chain to do hunters/hunting in general any good. There comes a time when we as hunters must also be politicians for the good of the sport, it may be distasteful but the way things go is we must take as much distastefulness out of our sport as possible or arguing about it will be a moot point because there will be nothing to argue about any more.
    What if they're hunting for health and not trophies?

Lets roll up our sleeves and get to work banning bow hunting, too. We can start with traditional archery gear like longbows and recurve bows.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    What if they're hunting for health and not trophies?
    So what if I do, does that make me an anti, but then when have you ever let facts interfere with a BS post to stir the pot it may be hard for you to understand but that byline was old news(2014) to be exact and it was not coined by me or my Hubby, or any of the others that used it in the allocation fights. If you have anything intelligent to say then fine but when you post nothing but anonymous garble to stir the pot don't expect anyone to take you seriously. Must be sad to have to resort to pot stirring and attacking members of this forum for what little excitement you may get out of life.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

If you think about how a spear causes damage it is extremely deadly

This is a large blade huge wound that would cause mass blood lose. Disadvantage is really only short range

Truth is it is people don’t understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    This is well said. The video had massive backlash, if the original ban proposed by the ABA been adopted in 2012, the video and negative media could have been avoided? I know it's unpopular in this community to ban hunting, but this particular ban could have resulted in a net positive for the majority of hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    This is well said. The video had massive backlash, if the original ban proposed by the ABA been adopted in 2012, the video and negative media could have been avoided? I know it's unpopular in this community to ban hunting, but this particular ban could have resulted in a net positive for the majority of hunters.
    Sounds good. I assume you will be stepping up to join our campaign to ban bowhunting?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Sounds good. I assume you will be stepping up to join our campaign to ban bowhunting?
    I'm an avid bow hunter. My argument is that had the ban been implemented before the video it would have actually benefited bow hunters specifically. In my opinion the biggest threat to bowhunting is one of these viral videos.

The irony is all the anti's flapping...you hunters, so tough with your big guns, scopes and killing from miles away. Put down your gun and fight the bear face to face if you're so tough"

so someone does pretty much that, kills the bear, and that very same anti's head explodes.... ban the spear!!!!

People.....