Thread: Exo Mountain Gear

Hybrid View

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Exo Mountain Gear

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Anyone using or have used exo packs on here? Anything good or bad about them??
    I have the K2 Titanium Frame and 5500 and 2000 bags, light, very comfortable, 5500 bag is laid out well, long pockets for the walking sticks and tripod and spotter, I have the waist belt pockets which are ok but again prefer the MR ones on my nice waist belt, could also use a water bottle holder closer forward on the waist belt for my liking but again minor stuff which I can add on easy enough.

The top lid has two pockets which I really like for organizing.

not sure I care for the roll top on the main bag instead of the draw string ? but again thats minor as it works well, if you don't have your flop top on the bag the roll top is basically water proof where the draw string isn't, but not as handy is all.

I have't used it for any extended trips or had a great deal of weight in it yet but about 35lbs on some day trips and it felt really good so far,

It compresses down nicely so easy to use as a day pack, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to buy the 2000 Bag !

Not to much to complain about on their packs.....I did have the Stone Glacier X-Curve Frame and Sky talus 6900 bag and if you closed your eyes not sure you could tell the difference wearing them, both great packs and very comfortable, I only sold the SG to try out the EXO MG pack.......

The one thing I still like about my MR Nice Frame and bag is when I leave the pack on its stiff enough I can sit down and rest against it, not so with any of the new lighter packs but at 3lbs lighter there has to be some trade offs.

In the end I'm preferring the EXO MG over the SG, only drawback is bag sizes as SG has some larger options, but my fat ass has enough trouble carrying a 5500 bag full of shit never mind a 6900 or 7400 bag full !

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-08-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

2. Site Sponsor