Thread: what tarp would you use as an impromptu blind?

what tarp would you use as an impromptu blind?

being in Prince Rupert, it rains a lot...so wondering what lightweight tarp could be in a pack to setup as a cover to sit n wait at a cut or some such. suggestions for one that would cover two big guys would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: what tarp would you use as an impromptu blind?

you can buy camo burlap and other types of concealment material..works ok..bought it at the store everyone hated...Wholesale Sports...sure miss being able to look at stuff in person instead of guessing with online sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    you can buy camo burlap and other types of concealment material..works ok..bought it at the store everyone hated...Wholesale Sports...sure miss being able to look at stuff in person instead of guessing with online sales.
    I have the burlap camo thing, its quiet and keeps the chilly breeze off me too, works good.

I've got a 10x10 tarp made by Chinook. It's not as light as a siltarp but not bad. You can get them in green or brown and they are very packable and pretty quite .

I've used mine as a shelter while goat hunting and have improvised a tarp tent and slept in it twice. Think they are about $40
    Last edited by Ron.C; 08-30-2018 at 09:14 AM.

I've had good luck with a siltarp from Aquaquest. I'm running the "safari" model (10 x 7), and the tarp itself is just over a pound.

In two years I've used perhaps 5 times, and it's still basically as new. The tarps come in different sizes, so it's up to you to figure how much room you need, but I find 10 x 7 to be ample for sitting and glassing, if there are two of you I suspect you'll be fine, though the 10 x 10 model might be nice given that you are expecting rain.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

You could string s siltarp up and use the burlap Camo for a quick blind. Use some sticks on the ground to prop up your burlap Camo