Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exo Mountain Gear

Exo Mountain Gear

Anyone using or have used exo packs on here? Anything good or bad about them??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Exo Mountain Gear

I have the 3500. I'm a shitty hunter so I haven't packed meat in it yet but it is well made and comfortable.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Anyone using or have used exo packs on here? Anything good or bad about them??
    I have the K2 Titanium Frame and 5500 and 2000 bags, light, very comfortable, 5500 bag is laid out well, long pockets for the walking sticks and tripod and spotter, I have the waist belt pockets which are ok but again prefer the MR ones on my nice waist belt, could also use a water bottle holder closer forward on the waist belt for my liking but again minor stuff which I can add on easy enough.

The top lid has two pockets which I really like for organizing.

not sure I care for the roll top on the main bag instead of the draw string ? but again thats minor as it works well, if you don't have your flop top on the bag the roll top is basically water proof where the draw string isn't, but not as handy is all.

I have't used it for any extended trips or had a great deal of weight in it yet but about 35lbs on some day trips and it felt really good so far,

It compresses down nicely so easy to use as a day pack, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to buy the 2000 Bag !

Not to much to complain about on their packs.....I did have the Stone Glacier X-Curve Frame and Sky talus 6900 bag and if you closed your eyes not sure you could tell the difference wearing them, both great packs and very comfortable, I only sold the SG to try out the EXO MG pack.......

The one thing I still like about my MR Nice Frame and bag is when I leave the pack on its stiff enough I can sit down and rest against it, not so with any of the new lighter packs but at 3lbs lighter there has to be some trade offs.

In the end I'm preferring the EXO MG over the SG, only drawback is bag sizes as SG has some larger options, but my fat ass has enough trouble carrying a 5500 bag full of shit never mind a 6900 or 7400 bag full !

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-08-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I'm awaiting the arrival of my 3500 pack! Cleared Customs Sunday, not sure where it is now!

I picked up an Exo k2 3500 in summer 2016. Have since grabbed the 2200 bag and 5500 and have used both, and packed meat. No complaints

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Bartell talked me into buying a 5500 and I am glad I did. I got mine last year and haven't done a backpack trip with it yet but have used it quite a bit. My last pack was the kuiu 5200. I liked how it carried weight but it was way too confusing for a simple fellow like myself. I needed to carry instructions and regularly lost gear in all the pockets that thing has! When I got my 5500 I didn't find the layout to appealing but it was comfy. I strapped 60lb to it and mowed the lawn on my acreage which takes about 2.5hrs. This exo pack is crazy comfy compared to any other pack I have worn. I carried an entire young mulie buck off the mountain this past fall using the built in load sling. It is easy to deploy and a good system. All n all this pack is pretty impressive! I feel it is one of my most "high end" hunting items. I use it as a day pack as well.

Cool thanks guys, currently looking for a smaller bag, I have a kifaru argali for longer trips. Buts pretty big and strappy for day hunts etc. Looking for something in the 3500ci range, have my eyes on the exo 3500, MR metcalf and maybe a stone glacier. Been down the SG road a time or two and the belt doesn't agree with me. And I really don't like any of the kifaru medium bags.

The exo's look pretty comforable though, and the belt is nice and wide which i like.

^ you sold your SG? :O

What was wrong with the hip belt? Was it the sizing or the construction/materials?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    ^ you sold your SG? :O

What was wrong with the hip belt? Was it the sizing or the construction/materials?
    I haven't had it for almost a year actually. Hip belt hurts! Kind of think the foam is too firm or something.

I have a 1st gen Exo 5500 and I love it. It has packed out a Ram, 2 elk, 2 deer and a bear so far. No complaints. I hear the new K2 are even better. Definitely well built packs. You would be surprised how small the 5500 will pack down. I use mine all the time for a daypack.