Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think the Anti's are Busy??

Think the Anti's are Busy??

So, just had this come across my FB.
    While we argue, and try to push each other's buttons, the others just get "organized".
    Take a look!
    https://www.change.org/p/kathryn-mcg...iter=197165511

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Think the Anti's are Busy??

Aren't leg hold traps already banned?

I have never seen us under such attack. I can barely handle FB as it is inundated with anti Troohy hunting bull$hit.
    They are completely uneducated about conservation and wildlife in general, but they have numbers and appear to be gaining momentum with organization.
    It appears our battle is not just with the Gov't
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Thankfully they are trying to get something banned which doesn't exist , whew !
    What SHOULD be legal is to take them to court for using misleading dishonest content with out proof of claims.

When I trapped 40 years ago, the same stuff going on, I guess its different with today with the ease of reaching the populace, but it was going on then too.

Don't kid yourself to think the antis haven't been busy here on HBC. The goal of division has been going on for several years and it has their fingerprints all over it. Divide and conquer!

Some anti's on here thats for sure, some knowingly, some unknowingly, they are passing the anti message along.

My point wasn't so much whether the leg holds were legal or banned, but rather to show how fast things are changing out there, and how FB and any other such media, is working hard and quick, whether truthful or not, to get everyone's emotions going, and to let them grow an uneducated voice, but an Anti Voice none the less.
    Sometimes, honestly, I laugh when I think how we sit here an debate about how things need to be this way or that way, this reg or that reg, money here or money there, when all the time, hunting will probably be over and done with
    sooner then many like to think....anybody watch that "Trophy" episode on CNN???.

Bugle, fortunately many readers of the flash media realize it is sensationalism at its finest and see through alot of the message. Many take time to search out info before forming an opinion.
    THAT is where hunters can be getting their message out. The various deer reports and moose reports show the whole picture but none of it gets to the majority.
    THE Good News has to be as upfront and accessible as the doomandgloom. BC gov does a terrible job of info sharing, look how hard it is to get any stats. Other states and provinces publish game and hunter stats with their regs.
    Folks need to see the high success rates for taking an animal, instead of the likes of nomoredoes yelling 'decimated'.
    Hunters banging the doomandgloom drum may also be counter-productive to garnering any support for hunting. the two-edge sword
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Looks like peta. The big deal / end game is to ban “genuine fur” in canada.
    They are going after Canada goose jacket company hard. Maybe a competitor looking for an angle to hurt Canada goose?

i can’t believe I read all of that page. Very propagandist tone.

Anyway... banning genuine fur is pretty laughable. Animals die. They are made of guts and fur. Why not use the fur
    like the last 100000 generations of humans? To wish for no fur is to wish for no animals. Disgusting.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!