Thread: New salmon/steelhead vest coming

New salmon/steelhead vest coming

Well I've finally taken things into my owns hands, I'm currently in the process of a newly designed river vest. I have finally had enough of the fanny packs, sling packs etc. and there are no vests out there on the market I see today, that I like. My vest will be simple but ergonomically, comfortable, and made of top of the line materials. the stage I'm currently at right now, is I review the material swatches next week, and then the prototype begins fabrication, I then at this time make necessary adjustments, then once I'm happy with the quality, I begin production. the vests will be made either here in Canada or in the US in California , NOT OVERSEAS. this vest is designed to not have tons of pockets, it will have enough pockets for what we use to catch fish, all the pockets will be moved forward for easy access and will have specific pockets for the tools and gear we use. the materials and accessories will be of top quality. I cant wait to get it into market, I've contacted a few stores and they seem interested, and Cabelas may be interested in doing a market research in their BC stores. hopefully guys like it and use it. If anybody could help me get the word out, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New salmon/steelhead vest coming

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    Well I've finally taken things into my owns hands, I'm currently in the process of a newly designed river vest. I have finally had enough of the fanny packs, sling packs etc. and there are no vests out there on the market I see today, that I like. My vest will be simple but ergonomically, comfortable, and made of top of the line materials. the stage I'm currently at right now, is I review the material swatches next week, and then the prototype begins fabrication, I then at this time make necessary adjustments, then once I'm happy with the quality, I begin production. the vests will be made either here in Canada or in the US in California , NOT OVERSEAS. this vest is designed to not have tons of pockets, it will have enough pockets for what we use to catch fish, all the pockets will be moved forward for easy access and will have specific pockets for the tools and gear we use. the materials and accessories will be of top quality. I cant wait to get it into market, I've contacted a few stores and they seem interested, and Cabelas may be interested in doing a market research in their BC stores. hopefully guys like it and use it. If anybody could help me get the word out, I'd really appreciate it.
    Just make a place in it for glasses secure and convenient..
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Just got back from a 32 day north Vancouver island steelheading trip. Would defiantly be interested in a well designed vest after getting continuously frustrated with the backpack and hip pack getting caught up on every bush during the bushwhacking in and out of the fishing holes

would also be nice if someone came out with a pair of waders that I wouldn’t burn through in less than a month of hard fishing

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster View Post
    Just got back from a 32 day north Vancouver island steelheading trip. Would defiantly be interested in a well designed vest after getting continuously frustrated with the backpack and hip pack getting caught up on every bush during the bushwhacking in and out of the fishing holes

would also be nice if someone came out with a pair of waders that I wouldn’t burn through in less than a month of hard fishing
    this is exactly why I'm building a new vest, when im walking through the bush and over logs and big rocks, my simms hip pack is in the way, and it's a pain especially with a bait box on the hip.

this is exactly why I'm building a new vest, when im walking through the bush and over logs and big rocks, my simms hip pack is in the way, and it's a pain especially with a bait box on the hip.
    Awesome. Looking foreword to seeing what you come up with. Sounds like your going for something that would suit my style of fishing well

update on the vests, prototype should be done for my review by the 21st, 2 sales sample materials should be here beginning of next week, what a challenge finding the right stuff I want, then the 2 sales samples should be completed by April 13th, I have 1 olive and 1 ash colored being made, 1 down fall is they are going to retail pretty high , around 300, might be a challenge to sell, if so I have 2 custom vests. hopefully guys will see the high quality and Canadian made in the product and purchase. I'll post pics when I have the sales samples.