Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Whats your must have and must do for sheep/goat hunts???

Re: Whats your must have and must do for sheep/goat hunts???

One extra set of contact lenses with small vial of contact solution fluid, gator aid powder for leg cramps, few claritin tablets for allergies. Two thin vinyl cloves for dirty work that can be turned inside out for storage till next time. One nitrile glove for clean work on wounds. Attitude charger = find something good in bad situations.

lens wipes for anti-fog and cleaning spotting scope, rifle scope and binoculars. sometimes or always the little cleaning cloth can get lost or gritty and have to worry about scratching lens. I keep lens wipes in bino case and in hiking pants pocket.

antifog for sure for optics..
    and decker for cuts super glue my freind

Baby wipes are my friend, one item I looked forward to every day was a small pack of sweetened almosnd butter. SO GOOD. Even had it on pancakes in the morning. The other food item that I'm glad to have taken was tins of kippered herring. Never have eaten it since but it was worth the weight. I was craving that salty oily fish every day. Ssteak spice for sheep steaks, Good firestarter

The other food item that I'm glad to have taken was tins of kippered herring.
    Try the smoked version , not as salty, a little drier.

-Forget the wipes, a wild rag and some creek water will do better....unless you need that baby powder scent
    -Pack a ?x?whatever piece of KrazyKarpettype plastic, multiple uses including as a shade for optics in a storm
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

“Logger buttons”at least a pack of them ... and if that don’t work a couple of “tie wraps” ... “zap straps” or whatever ya call them .... Lol

This could be a very long list, but I always have a small first aid kit and blister treatment pack in my bag, saved me once.

The one thing I also never leave at home is my hiking poles, everyone looks at me and says "your 23 what do you need those for" but seems everytime they get there pack loaded with some extra weight they're asking to borrow one.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

^^^i agree, have all those items in my pack..

I always go out and buy three new pairs of socks for the trip. Buy them well before you leave so you can try them out in your boots on training hikes to make sure they dont cause you grief on your hunt. I really like to run foot powder. Crocks are a must for me, tiny bit of sunscreen, chapstick, a super absorbent mini towel to dry myself off when im hammering, and baby wipes to keep the bung hole area tidy.

Two headlamps... sucks trying to change dead batteries in the middle of a stormy night after doubling up on rams when you can't see a damn thing

Lesson Learned !!!