Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with Buck Fever -- newbie to experienced

Dealing with Buck Fever -- newbie to experienced

Hey it's me Jelly. I can help out a bit, I've hunted with hundreds of people, in mules and moose situations ---- even the mature can get it -- What?
    any questions at all on how to deal with this Buck Fever some i saw and seen moocho more. it's real and hard to admit to
    Anyways this thread will be carried on my wayward son. The fever can stall you, stop you in your tracks, I've seen men brought to a freeze by a Buck in fever
    Jel -- The rich the poor the educated and the not so much and all in betwixed can get the fever we will beat it -- beat it beat it like Mikey did --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-05-2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: HUGE BUCK

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dealing with Buck Fever -- newbie to experienced

If buck fever doesn’t set in anymore then it’s time to quit!
    Tell it how it is!!!

X 2 ^^^

To quell some of the fever take up some Wolf or coyote hunting.

If this isn't feasible try a few YouTube videos, but don't overload can be worse than the fever itself.

If near Surrey, go to the WSS auction.

I hope your able to keep it under control until season opener!!!

--- There's a buck right there -- big four mule do something what?
    What would you do driving around a corner up Jay My Son creek red dirt road in Kammy Land during four point mule only with Rocko my buddy and you got the only four point tag left in town.
    -- Your in the passenger seat riding shoot gun of Rocko's four by your pumped just to be with the rock alone. The Rock is showing you the ropes in the Kammy best areas and your ready to go to show the rock what you learned and how you can take on four point mule stud buck.
    The rock told you, bud if and when we are driving along slowly and a four point buck in the rut fever crosses the road or you see him on the hillside in the bush you'll have half a minute to execute. Rocko told you no loaded guns in the truck period. You must step out quick and load and do not shoot down or across the road only to the side your on or walk across the road. Are you ready freddy rocko will say? You said you bet take me out Jocko.
    --- As rock drove up a side road off Noble Lake road and came around a corner, wham the rock says, do you see it? right there a big four and the rock slowed to a stop and said, take em you got one chance to dance before he begins to prance.
    -- Right there a big four with a swollen neck head up and laying it back a hat rack 30 inches wide and he, starts to move out faster and faster..
    Jel --- Wood the Jock be impressed with your moves on your lucky chance on some major bone. What wood the Rock tell me about your performance?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-05-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: BIG BUCK

=-l---> You notice after reading the above scenario that it is very difficult to imagine in your mind the situation and how it makes you feel inside your chest.
    Being there in reality and actually being with the rock riding shoot gun and coming around the corner is different in real time than in your imagination.
    --- This is why all the planning in the world will be short lived when you look up the hill where the rock is motioning, eh bud look up the hill by that big log the rock motions with his muscled right arm.
    - And see Mr. Big and is hat rack of antlers up the hill standing behind that log.
    --- That is why pre-scout and pre drives help, get out into reality of the forest roads and see some of these living mules in Reg 3.
    - Prepare your actual experience driving around corners and seeing massive clear cuts with mules and moose, bear you name it, blue grouse ruffed grouse and where you saw a deer, mark it down on your cell phone, as you drive around Kammy. Every time you see a spot with game, mark the location on your cell phone.
    Jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-05-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: BIG FOUR

-- Any hunter can experience different degrees of buck fever. Buck Fever, Buck fever is a term used for decades by hunters. You can get " Buck Fever" from a bull moose or a doe or a black bear. Not all hunters allow the Fever to spread, it spreads rapidly inside the mind and spirit. It's not an illusion its a substance.
    -- Just like scarlet fever or paranoia can take over a humans self control.
    - Buck fever is a term, used for decades, started in the 60's or so. A hunter out hunting and walking around or driving thinking there's no deer here, then right there a three point legal buck standing motionless staring and the guy freezes when he sees the big three points on each side, perfectly even steven, and the rack is 27 inches wide, he freezes, mouth hangin open a bit, staring, mezmerized by the bucks beauty but not loading his rifle, is one major problem. He got the fever and locked up. --- The buck said, see yah later loser bye bye and trotted into deep dark cover.
    --- Rock took the guy aside and the guy was shaking and ah very excited let's say, ah, He said to the rock if I had one more minute rock, one more lousy minute rock, I wood ah nailed that buck.
    -- Rock said look bud, we're going to see another buck so lets hop in and we'll talk about that monster 3 and what we can do a lil different next time around. ok buddy.
    Jel -- jocko knows Bo -- Rocko the Jocko helped this guy get thru the hard part of the fever and went out with him again to see what degree the fever was at.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-05-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: BIG BUCK

-- Buck fever has something to do with antlers and horns, that's why it's called buck fever. It was buck n doe in the regs b4 it was changed to antlered and antlerless.
    Now it wood be called Antlered fever. This is rocko's read by the way.
    -- some hunters can shoot antlerless and apply for antlerless tags, some hunters go for antlered because they prefer buck meat over doe meat and vice versa.
    -- some hunters of deer around Kammy are looking to beat buddy's buck which he got ten years ago and the guys on the team heard the story too many times about freddies big mule buck he got up Darlington way.
    -- some it's the first time out with the boys and looking to fill a tag for the first time ever.
    -- some it's turning ten and dad buys a gun for the kid and takes the kid out into the Kammy hills
    some it's a chance to get away from the city mayhem and get out into the wilds with fresh mountain air
    many reasons to get out into the Kamloops hills and ponds to see mother nature at her finest.
    How does this fit in with Buck fever jel?
    Jel -- we'll get to that soon

best of the best buck fever...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUZJOrLHwY

Good one Finny that girl has the buck fever now
    Jel -- shaken all over

Quote Originally Posted by ~T-BONE~ View Post
    If buck fever doesn’t set in anymore then it’s time to quit!
    I agree. Birds no problem....Big game....another story