Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with Buck Fever -- newbie to experienced

Re: Dealing with Buck Fever -- newbie to experienced

jell is that buck fever,,,or is that 'doe' fever'' do ya ever get that../???https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDLzNn-IdlQ

Finny you mean antlerless lol,if we took those girls hunting in your truck we'd be shakin off the road holy, shakin like we like it.
    Buck fever could rise a few degrees for sure.
    Anyways if they want us to take em out camping and hunting don't say no ok finn lol
    Jel -- wow awesome finner -- doe fever

Breath! In through the nose 4 seconds, hold it 4 seconds, out through the mouth 4 seconds, repeat 3 - 4 times. It's what the LE pros do to try to maintain some calm and situational awareness.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Ltbullken awesome information sharing right here folks, breath as above in most cases but there are times when we will need those 3o seconds to start throwin lead
    -- a good sized mature buck mule deer in the Kammy hills with some spread won't be hangin around very long if caught out in some open, you can't be gropin you gotta get out, load and start thrown some Nozlers. 150's 165's or 180's but you gotta let em go. pointed soft points or power tip don't let them slip
    Jello -- we will get to the point where you can, see and pick out a big mule buck, open the door, step out, load and start throwin -- this thread is going to slowly show the ways to beat the Bucks Fever when you see that rack lookin straight at you -- BOO
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-07-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: YOU HAVE TO PULL THE TRIGGER

I found out over the years of my hunting is the faster a person can get a shot off at the animal your going to shoot the less time for the buck fever to work you up..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 02-07-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

hunter1947 thanks for the wisdom from an experienced hunter, I dig it. This makes sense to me.
    Jel -- get off as soon as possible. Thanks 47 for the post.

--If you plan on going out into the Kamloops area for mule deer this season your chances will be fair to good depending on your ability to spot mule deer in their natural surroundings in the hills and ridges and valleys -
    Maybe this is your first time going out for mule deer or maybe you never connected on your previous trips out to some where, but it all plays part in the buck fever build up.
    Maybe your going out with a pal and in his truck and going to drive up around Kamloops for mules. Two hunters together pumped to hit Kammy double wammy for the mules. You start out from the North Shore of Kammy by the Halston Connecter and head up westside road then up Noble Lake way for the day.
    This is where the story here has already started two inexperienced excited hunters looking for any buck in any buck Yocktober. Get the picture?
    More later
    Jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-10-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ANY BUCK YOCK TOBER

First I would suggest to new hunters or hunters who went out to spots and dint get lucky. Where you been going ain't seeing nuttin.

-- try to go out with a person who has experience hunting mule deer and has shot some and skinned and gutted them out and quartered them out.
    a person who knows spots around Kamloops that are the best for seeing mule deer. They hunted these spots for years and know the deer herds behavior.
    different times of the season and migration routes, as well as knowing the snow levels at certain times of the buck season.
    -- this will help calm you down when you see that mule deer prancing along the side hill of a clear cut.
    - you can get really excited when you see that mule deer and a couple more walking along a hill side.
    - and now a legal four point walks out up the ridge a ways stands behind a couple bushes
    Your hunting partner who has experience can quietly help you settle down and show you where to rest your rifle on a tree limb close by for a steady well placed shot instead of tripping over yourself and shooting off hand, a rest for your rifle will be the best thing when aiming for a shot over 25 yards if possible.
    Jel -- an experienced hunter like Rocko the Jocko for instance will be calm and in control -- other than really excited and losing your faculty's when you see Mr. Big staring at you like a statue behind the little Christmas trees on the ridge. The buck won't stay there all day you have to move into action quick like.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-10-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: MOVE INTO ACTION be smooth and quick be in control

-- I do encourage any new hunters to get together and go out into the hills around Kamloops. No need to wait for an experienced hunter to come along if you can't get out because a guys working and so on.
    -- if your new and together with a peer and got a vehicle that's all you need for Kamloops.
    -- drive out into an area your allowed to hunt, check your maps for boundaries.
    Gun safety is number one, be safe and be legal --it's a fun day keep it that way
    -- once your into the area you can shoot, slow down and look at the hill sides as you drive along.
    -- think about, am I ready if I see a legal deer to be smooth and fast without getting overly excited?
    Calm yourself down a bit and prepare your thoughts for the process of seeing a legal deer, stopping the vehicle and getting out with your rifle without goofing up
    Jel -- just get out hunting with your buddy's no matter and talk with each other on what your going to do if you see a buck in anybuck as you drive the back roads.
    --{ Have a plan with each other}, whose driving?, whose going to get the first chance if they see a nice deer? Sudden stop? Drive by then get out? Lean on?
    Know whad yer going to do b4 hand the best you can -- then do your thing
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-16-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Think about the step by step you take from your buddy's house to the hills and back

I had my first success this year and with that being said, I also experienced buck fever for the first time this year. It caused me to miss out on 3 different opportunities prior to getting my buck. Man did I have it bad... My teeth were chattering and I was shaking right down to my toes! I definitely need to work on it. Great tips here!