Thread: J.R's Custom Gunsmithing , Tomslake BC

J.R's Custom Gunsmithing , Tomslake BC

I found this ad in the most recent Hunting regulations. Tried to reach him but no reply to my email. Tried the phone number - no longer in service. Doesn't look good but can anyone shed some light on this?
    Thanks,
    Bogtrotter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: J.R's Custom Gunsmithing , Tomslake BC

Know a guy who used him a few years back on a project, says he wouldn't use him again .
    Had a rifle rebarelled and a new stock put on, not sure on the type of stock he went with, but the, made to fit didn't look to good.
    For what it's worth, Corlanes in Dawson is pretty close, and you know you will get good work.
    Heck lot's of Smiths on this site, that are way closer to you..
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    I found this ad in the most recent Hunting regulations. Tried to reach him but no reply to my email. Tried the phone number - no longer in service. Doesn't look good but can anyone shed some light on this?
    Thanks,
    Bogtrotter
    Gary Flach or GEF on HBC is in Langley
    Dennis Sorensen or guntech is in Brentwood Bay on the Island
    Mitch Kendall or Brno284 on HBC is in Kamloops

All excellent gunsmiths
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

He did some some stock work for me back in the day when he was set up in Abbotsford before he moved north and the work was awesome,this was before I meet GEF.... he now does all my work .

I had him do a job a couple years ago and he went quiet for a few months with no communications. I think he had a health issue come up. But eventually he got the job done and it was fine. Hard to find a gunsmith these days.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Know a guy who used him a few years back on a project, says he wouldn't use him again .
    Had a rifle rebarelled and a new stock put on, not sure on the type of stock he went with, but the, made to fit didn't look to good.
    For what it's worth, Corlanes in Dawson is pretty close, and you know you will get good work.
    Heck lot's of Smiths on this site, that are way closer to you..
    Corlanes is great to deal with,I've used them numerous times and always had a positive experience. I've heard great things about Gary Flach but never used him.